The great scientist and former President, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, wrote in the preface of his autobiography: “Each individual creature on this beautiful planet is created by God to fulfill a particular role.”
ATMIYA University bestows wisdom and knowledge upon the learner to recognize this particular role. Established on April 13, 2018, under the Gujarat Private University Act 11, 2018, ATMIYA University emphasizes to train young minds in consonance with the doctrines of higher education and human values. The aim of this University is to spread eternal happiness and to create a happy society in letter and spirit. The motto “सुह्रदं सर्व भूतानम्” (Suhardam Sarva Bhootanam) is an expression of willingness to attain harmony with each creation of the Almighty!
His Divine Holiness Hariprasad Swamiji Maharaj, the present spiritual successor of Lord Swaminarayan is the mentor of ATMIYA University. With His blessings, His Divinity P.P.Tyagvallabh Swamiji has envisioned Atmiya University to be a global leader in showing the path to enshrine Jeevan Vidya into every domain area of higher education, in the pursuit of transformative outcomes of education for living life to the fullest. For this, over the years, He has invested His sweat and toil and that of His team, to create state-of-the-art learning facilities and spaces. The ultimate goal is to attain ‘Atmiyata’.
The University status is in recognition of the appreciable learning facilities and qualities of the ‘Atmiya Group of Institutions’ (AGI), which have demonstrated many milestones of growth and development.
‘Atmiya’ is one among the six institutions in India to sign a MoU with University of Miyazaki.
- ‘Atmiya’ was the first to introduce BCA & B.Sc (IT) programmes in Gujarat State.
- ‘Atmiya’ was the first to introduce UG programmes in Biotechnology, Biochemistry & Industrial Chemistry in Saurashtra region.
- ‘Atmiya’ was the first institution in Gujarat selected by the University Grant Commission to commence PG programmes.
- ‘Atmiya’ is one among the few institutions at the national level, and the only one in Gujarat, selected by Logistics Sector Skill Council (LSC), and by the MHRD, Govt. of India, to introduce apprentice-embedded skill-based programmes of B. Com – Logistics and MS – Data Science in Supply Chain and Logistics.
- ‘Atmiya’ has been applauded and ranked by Statutory and Regulatory Bodies like UGC, DBT, DST, LSC, Knowledge Consortium of Gujarat, NAAC, NIRF, amongst others, from time to time.
Learning Spaces of Atmiya:
Spread over 23.5 acres of salubrious, divine yet busy campus, the ATMIYA University hosts the following:
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Faculty of Paramedical Sciences
- Faculty of Business & Commerce
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
Proposed Faculty from 2020 to 2021 & onwards
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Liberal Education
- Faculty of Transformative Learning
Transformative Knowledge Creation through research and innovation and Knowledge Dissemination through teaching, translation and influencing, remain the cornerstone of all deliberations of the University, which are with a crux of social immersions.
The academic blocks are beautifully designed attempting at eco-friendly green campus of international standards. The classrooms are ICT enabled with net connectivity through Wi-Fi. The laboratories for various academic programmes are ultramodern with highly sophisticated instruments. Several centres of excellence (CoE) are established on the campus, to name a few:
- IBM Center of Excellence
- CISCO Networking
- Incubation Center for R & D
- Center for Entrepreneurship Development
- Center of Excellence in Embedded Systems & Robotics
- Center of Excellence in Telecom
- Nationally accredited research laboratories for Science & Technology
- ERP Automation
- Solar Power Plants
This vignette is apt backed by a world- class library for resources of all types. The libraries stock all the mandatory references in print and e-form with 24X7 access and global connectivity in its ergonomic seating ambience. Nearly 12000+ inquisitive learners avail all these meticulously created learning amenities.
Though the Atmiya University is in its infancy as a University, it comes with the wisdom of the four institutions of long standing, which have been merged to create this new contender in the higher education sphere.
The facilitators of knowledge creation and dissemination, viz. the faculty members, hold credentials of Doctorate & Post Doctoral studies with Industrial liaising. Their credentials have left a mark at the national and global environment.
The expertise of the faculty members has resulted in experiential learning of students. This has resulted in acquiring many patents in Science and Technology, collaboratively by teachers and students in liaison with the industries. The focused approach on research and innovation has enabled Atmiya to sign 500+ industrial and academic MsoU of national and international standing, which in turn has created an excellent pool of placements of our students in Fortune 500 companies. The research blend of the academic stakeholders has been disseminated through number of books, case studies, research publications and reviews in scholarly journals of repute. The stakeholders of Atmiya play an important role as global collaborators and influencers for a sustainable growth and development.
The learning life of all stakeholders associated with Atmiya University stands as testimony to the prophetic words of HDH Hariprasad Swamiji “ “My heart is all for youth” and Whether anyone else becomes “Atmiya” or not, please make me “Atmiya” (this is Atmiyata-Oneness).