About the Department
Department of Commerce under Faculty of Business & Commerce (FoBC), Atmiya University offers B.COM. and B.COM (Logistics). It provides education by developing and nurturing a culture of excellence in teaching, training and research.
The salient Features of FOBC –Department of Commerce are following-
- 23 Acre Lush green Wi-Fi enabled Centrally located Residential Campus
- MoU with Many Foreign University for international Exposure
- More than 250 + National recruiters visited our campus for placement
- Stress less & discussion based Innovative pedagogy
- More Doctorate & Highly experience faculty
- Live Projects & Activity Based Study
- Innovative Saturday – Platform to showcase learning into practice
- Association with CII, RMA, AMA, LSC & EDI
- Communication Lab
- Management Club System for career focus
- Regular interactions with captains of corporate world
- 360 degree evaluation & Development
Mission,Vision & Values
- Providing excellent and skill based commercial education.
- Train the students with required levels of competence for employment in both domestic and global market.
- Global perspective through value based education for social transformation.
- To provide competency-driven education, a core component of our growth and success.
- Leveraging our knowledge and resources to provide experiential learning, immersion and other collaboration opportunities.
- Offering the best professional development and career management opportunities for our students.
- Committing to continuous improvement through stakeholder engagement, industry relations, and assurance of learning across all programs.
- Fostering the growth of faculty and staff through professional development plans and programs.
- Department of Management is student – centric or learner – centric as compared to the traditional form of education which has always been more teacher – centric.
- Department of Management makes teaching-learning process more experiential and participative.
- Gain and apply the knowledge of business, accounting, finance, management, taxation to find solution of complex business problems.
- Design, identify, formulates, research and analyse complex business problems to reach substantiated conclusions.
- Equip the student to face the modern-day challenges in commerce and business.
- Ability to apply, understand and use modern tools and technologies.
- Understanding the impact of commercial activities on environment and sustainability.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities.
- Ability to perform effectively as a leader and also a team member.
- Ability to effectively communicate and correspond in business environment.
- Knowledge and ability to have successful career in all business, accounting, finance, etc
- Ability to pursue higher education and research.
- Ability to engage in lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Communication capabilities
- Critical and Reflective Thinking
- Knowledge Integration
- Ethical Reasoning
Scope of the Program
- Financial Advisor
- Entry level jobs in the corporate
- Senior Accountant
- Qualify for professional courses
- PG Program
- Entrepreneurship & Start ups
- “Best College of the Year” by Department of Business Management in Management Fest – ‘Samiksha’.
- “Champion” at Management Fest – ‘Abhyutsha’ organized by J.H.Bhalodia Women College.
- The Best Knowledge Centre (Library) Award of the State (First Rank) for year 2017.
- Second Rank in Debate on Vigilance awareness week at AAI (Airport Authority of India).
- Second Rank in Debate Competition at Saurashtra University Youth Festival.
- First Rank in National Level Folk Dance Competition in CHRIZILLENZ – Season 4 Organized by Christ Institute of Mgt.
- First Rank , Second Rank , Third Rank in State Level Management Event – “KSN KONNEKT -2019. Organized by Kansagara Mahila College Rajkot.
- First Rank , Second Rank , Third Rank in State Level Management Meet -“SAMIKSHA-2019 ” Organized by Department of Business Management, Saurashtra University Rajkot.
- First Rank in Essay Writing Competition on “ Importance of Insurance in Life” By LIC of India 2019.
Research and Publication
|Research & Publication|
|Name||No of Publication in Journal||No of Paper Published / Presented in Conference||Total||Books Published|
|Dr. Vishal Khasgiwala||12||14||3||5||34||3|
|Dr Jayesh N Zalavadia||11||5||10||26||8|
|Dr Chirag V Erda||6||13||19|
|Dr. Alpa V Joshi||9||20||29||5|
|Dr Jayen K Thaker||10||5||6||21||3|
|Dr Sandeep Kumar||4||2||1||7|
|Dr Piyush Mehta||1||5||4||10||11|
|Mr Jay A Ranpura||1||1||2|
|Miss Prarthna K Barai||1||1||1||3|
|Miss Sapna J Devani||1||1||2||4|
|Mr Bhavin A Popat||1||1|
|Miss Chandani Tanna||1||1|
|Mr. Mehul Chhaniyala||2||4||2||9||17|
|Mr. Viral Savaliya||1||1|
Quiz competition (2019) sem 6
Agriculture Event B.Com 1st year 2019
AVSAR – Management Fest
Empowerment of Girls (EOG)
Agriculture Model for Innovation & Invention Project
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.January 2, 1988Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Commencement of Self Finance.
Commencement of Self Finance.January 28, 1988Commencement of Self Finance.
Science Programs and Management Program.
Science Programs and Management Program.January 28, 2000Science Programs and Management Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.January 28, 2000Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.January 28, 2005Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.January 28, 2007Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITYJanuary 28, 2018Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY