About the Department
Department of Computer Engineering welcomes young aspirants around the globe to shape their career by undertaking various courses offered by the department. We are a growing department with an outstanding faculty, keeping pace with the rapid proliferation of, and advance in, computing and information technology. Our commitments to quality undergraduate teaching provide a solid foundation for those seeking to become well-prepared, talented, and indispensable computing professionals.
The Department offers a course on Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering since the inception of the institute with an intake of 120. The department also offers a course on Masters Degree with an intake of 18 and Ph.D.
The Department provides world class infrastructure with state of the art Computer labs equipped with latest software. The Department has always kept pace with the rapid advancements in the field.
The Department is known for its strength in Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning, Internet of Things, Data Mining, Cloud Computing, Networking and Cyber Security. The combination of qualified and committed faculty, a strong peer group, core and inter-disciplinary research, collaboration with leading industries and research organizations offer students of this department an enriching learning experience.
BEST PRACTICES AT DEPARTMENT:
- Student feedback system on academic and Non-academic Reforms
- Student counseling both for personal and carrier guidance.
- Mentor and Mentee approach
- ICT based teaching learning.
- Guest lectures by eminent people from Reputed Industry.
- Student centric approach in teaching.
- Academic freedom to faculties for implementing innovative ideas in teaching learning methodologies & Research for student perspective
- Certifications of International recognition such as CCNA, IBM RAD, RHCP etc. conducted under Career Academy.
- Regular Quality assessment through Weekly test, Mid-Semester exams & Pre-university exams.
- Project Work and Industrial Exposure for practical knowledge enhancement.
- EARN WHILE LEARN Scheme for students.
- Encourage students to use digital library.
- Wi-Fi. Connectivity in the campus.
- Remedial Teaching throughout academic Sessions for improving Transition rate& Pass rate
- Encouraging students to take an internship in various industries
- Encouraging the faculty to upgrade their knowledge and skills through Faculty Development Programs
- Encouraging the students to participate in industry-oriented competitions like TGMC of IBM, Code vita of TCS and Imagine Cup Competitions of Microsoft etc.
- Training on Specialized Soft skills & Professional Skills during Semester Breaks for Improving Employability
Transforming India Next revolution in providing AI man power to the world. Making Deep Learning and AI skills mainstream in India to fulfill trilateral needs of entrepreneurship, Industry academia partnership and application-inspired Engineering Research.
Built for developers, GitHub is a development platform inspired by the way you work. From open source to business, you can host and review code, manage projects, and build software alongside 36 million developers.
NVIDIA redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world.
Mission, Vision and Values
To contribute effectively to the important national endeavor to produce quality human resources in the computer engineering and related areas for the sustainable development of global software industrial needs.
- To strength the competence of the students by applying effective and innovative teaching learning methodology.
- To uplift innovative research in computer engineering to serve the needs of government and society.
- To establish nationally recognized research centre and expose the students to broad research experience.
- To impart moral values and interpersonal skills to the students to meet the need of profession and society.
- To provide quality education to enhance innovations, problem solving skills, leadership qualities, team-spirit and ethical responsibilities.
Graduate Attributes (B.Tech.)
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Computer engineering theory in design of computer-based systems to real-world problems.
- The ability to practice Computer engineering using up-to-date techniques, skills, and tools as a result of life-long learning ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a field program to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify, formulate and use the appropriate computing and Computer engineering requirements for obtaining its solution.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- The broad education necessary to analyze the local and global impact of computing and engineering solutions on individuals, organizations, and society.
- An ability to apply design and development principles in the construction of Computer Engineering of varying complexity.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in continuing professional development and life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues as they affect the professional and ethical practice of engineering.
- An ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary, to accomplish a common goal.
Program Specific Outcome (B.Tech.)
- PSO-1: Implementation of professional engineering solutions for the betterment of society along with professional ethics and human values.
- PSO-2: The ability to apply engineering knowledge for developing solution of the problems using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product in multidisciplinary environment.
- PSO-3: Apply appropriate techniques and modern engineering techniques for the design and integration of computer system and related technologies, to engage students in lifelong learning for the advancement of technology.
Scope of the Program
A career in computer engineering is considered one of the most high-paying jobs and is imbued with opportunities; particularly in an era where India’s prowess in the information technology industry is recognized globally. Besides, Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc. Working as a programmer, web developer, and E- commerce specialist with telecommunications companies, automotive companies, aerospace companies etc. can be a lucrative career option as well. Moreover, numerous national and multi-national computer manufacturing companies, computer hardware system design and development companies, computer networking companies, software development companies, etc. require computer professionals in large numbers.
Smart City Hackathon Rajkot 2020
Our student’s team got 3rd rank in smart city hackathon rajkot 2020 and won a prize of Rs. 30,000 under guidance of Prof. Pooja Kalola, Computer Engineering Department
Smart India Hackathon 2017
6th semester Computer Engineering Students “Innovative Group” got 5th Rank in Smart India Hackathon 2017 which is held at Hyderabad on 1st and 2nd april 2017.
Design Demo Day
6th semester Computer Engineering Students got 2nd Rank in Design Demo Day 2017 held at GTU,Chandkheda on 7th April 2017.
Research and Publication
|Sr No||Name of journal/Conference||Number of Publications|
Faculty Development Program
|1||Faculty Development Program||20|
It always feels good when an alumnus returns to share his/her experiences and success stories with others. Sangat Vaidya, one of our many successful alumni, completed her BE in 2014. She secured an All India Rank of 590 in GATE 2014, subsequently completing her M.Tech from NIT Calicut. She is currently she is doing her Ph. D. at the New Jersey Institute of Technology. She spoke about the various aspects of preparation of exams such as GATE, GRE and TOEFL. Around 120 students from the 6th semester of the Department of Computer Engineering attended this session.
Campus to corporate
Dewang Mehta IT awards
Sports and cultural events
Cloud Computing Seminar
Expert Lecture on Multimedia and Graphics
Design Demo Day – (3rd and 5th Semester)
Date: 6th & 8th October – 2018
Computer Department of AITS, arranged ‘Design Engineering -I-A & II-A Design Demo Day (Project Exhibition)’ on 6th and 8th October, 2018. Total 292 students from our computer department had participated in this fair with all enthusiasm. Main aim of this kind of Exhibition/fair is to build confidence in students. They feel pride that their work is appreciated by others. By suggestions from other than their guide helped for future projects either of master or certain other government sponsored.
WINTER PROJECT FAIR 2018
Date: 29th September, 2018
Winter project fair organized to showcase projects of 7th semester students. Such an encouraging activity, students got really motivated by Principal sir, HOD’s and all the faculty members. By presenting their project, they got highly motivated and encouraged.
Webbers Club: Expert Session on Basics of HTML5 and Introduction to Bootstrap
Date: 26th July 2018
Inside Webbers club where students were taught to design and develop meaningful Front end framework that can be useful in effective web designing (UI). The students also learned new HTML5 tags and how Bootstrap framework beneficial to them. We have created several web pages to understand basics of Bootstrap. The Webbers club activities are managed by Prof. Tosal Bhalodia (H.O.D Computer Department) and Conducted by Webber club coordinators Prof. Nirali Varngar and Prof. Dharmesh Bhalodia.
Session conducted by Webber club coordinators Prof.Nirali Varngar and Prof.Dharmesh Bhalodia.
Cyber Security Club Event: Session of Password Cracking in Linux and Windows
Date: 21st July 2018
Made by the students for the students, Cyber Security Club aims to unite in one place, all about the Cyber Security and related technologies.
Cyber Security Club is everyone’s; anyone who wants to collaborate with what they know is welcome. The Cyber Security club activities are conducted and managed by Prof. Tosal M. Bhalodia (Head of Computer Engineering Department). The faculty coordinators for Cyber Security club are Prof. Tadhani Jaydeep, Prof Rachana Buch, Prof. Nirali Borad. The student coordinators for Cyber Security club are Siraja Meet, Sumit Zungi, Viranya Shah, Dhaval Trivedi.
Session delivered by Prof. Jaydeep Tadhani.
Python Club Event: Workshop on Basics of Python
Date: 14th July 2018
Made by the students for the students, Python Club aims to unite in one place, all about the Python language and related technologies.
Python Club is everyone’s; anyone who wants to collaborate with what they know is welcome. Like Python, everything and everyone is free. Feel free to share your knowledge and experience.
The python club activities are conducted and managed by Prof. Tosal M. Bhalodia (Head of Computer Engineering Department). The faculty coordinators for python club are Prof. Rajesh Davda, Prof. Chhaya Patel, Prof. Ankit Kalariya. The student coordinators for python club are Rahul Vansh, Kevin Jadia, Tarang Ranpara, Devansh Choudaha.
Contents delivered by student coordinators.
Android Club: Workshop on Basics of Android
Date: 27th – 28th June 2018
Inside Android club where students were taught to design and develop meaningful android application that can be utilized in real environment. The students also shared their knowledge about new improvements or updates in android platform if encountered by them.
Android has been the best-selling OS worldwide on smart phones since 2011 and on tablets since 2013. As of May 2017, it has over two billion monthly active users, the largest installed base of any operating system, and as of June 2018, the Google Play store features over 3.3 million apps.
The Android club activities are conducted and managed by Prof. Tosal M. Bhalodia (Head of Computer Engineering Department). The faculty coordinators for Android club are Prof. Foram K Kalyani, Prof. Pooja V kalola, Prof. Pratik B chauhan.
The “basic of android” workshop aimed at designing and building the Apps using various android concepts. It encompassed latest technical areas to develop the Apps that are the current requirement of the industry.
It was conducted by Abhishek poojara who gave a technical knowledge of android.
Scroll Ply Web Structure Resume Workshop 2018
Duration: 23rd – 24th March – 2018
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.January 2, 1988Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Commencement of Self Finance.
Commencement of Self Finance.January 28, 1988Commencement of Self Finance.
Science Programs and Management Program.
Science Programs and Management Program.January 28, 2000Science Programs and Management Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.January 28, 2000Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.January 28, 2005Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.January 28, 2007Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITYJanuary 28, 2018Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY