Civil Engineering is one of the highly critical engineering domains where a perfectly built structure can facilitate people with much comfort but a minor mistake made by an engineer can take away hundreds of lives in seconds. So, deep knowledge and perfect understanding of the concepts and requirements of civil engineering is highly desirable. Civil engineering is the discipline that applies the principles of engineering, physics and material science for the design, analysis, construction and maintenance of civil structures.The department has highly qualified faculty members engaged in teaching with the aim of achieving excellence in various fields. The faculty members are specialized in different disciplines of Civil Engineering.
The diploma course is open to those students only who have passed their class 10 or class 12. Minimum age requirement is 15 years. In the 3 year diploma course in civil engineering is divided into half yearly semesters. The student’s performances are evaluated on the basis of their performances in practical and theory with equal stress on both.
About the Department
- The department offers a course on Diploma in civil engineering . The course is approved by AICTE and affiliated to GTU with intake of 120.
- Department provides world-class infrastructure with state of the art labs with modern instruments.
- The department also works on innovation in education for easy and reliable education system with involvement of the students and faculties.
- Technical Norishing can be achieved by Expert & Guest Lectures organized by inviting different industry person / Experince Person from Field & Organization are welcome at our door step.
- Best infrastructure :- Use of AV aids & digital media
- The student-centric approach in teaching.Regular quality assessment through weekly test, Mid-Semester test.
- Project work and industrial training for practical knowledge enhancement.
- To empower practicing engineers with the state-of-art technology to meet the growing challenges of the field.
- To design curriculum based on changing needs of stakeholders & provide excellence in delivery & assessment to ensure holistic development of civil engineering students.
- To mentor students in pursuit of higher education, entrepreneurship and global professionalism.
- To interact with industries to provide a knowledge base for existing and emerging technologies in the field of civil engineering.
- To inculcate moral and ethical values among the students to mould them as civil engineers with social obligations.
- To develop into a center of excellence for quality education moulding and Be an outstanding department devoted to provide high end research, technical education in Civil engineering which will produce socially aware professionals to provide solutions to global community and development of humanity.
- Our People Are Our Core Strength
- Our primary strength lies in our students, faculty and staff.
- Excellence is our goal in all our endeavours.
- Engineering research, education, and practice all demand the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Respect For All
- Respect for all encourages our community to enjoy a diversity of opinion, intellectual perspective, and cultural heritage.
- A collegial, collaborative and welcoming environment is vital to our success.
- Our strong support for interdisciplinary education and research enhances our achievements, contributions to civil and environmental engineering, and our collegial environment.
- Our history and culture of innovation in civil and environmental engineering education and research is an important foundation for our contributions to the field.
- Continuous Improvement
- Continuous improvement and innovation are essential to accomplish our goals.
- Engagement in Community
- Engagement with campus, public, and professional communities is important to our strength and vitality.
Having strong background in basic science and basic mathematics and use these tools in their own engineering field.
Follow trends and advancements in their field – especially in the areas of material, design and safety issues.
A commitment to quality
A desire to innovate and but at the same time, follow existing norms and standards
- AITS-DS life offers up opportunities to try new things wherever you go: lectures, labs, the library, the sports field, the theatre and the unions – it’s almost impossible not to get involved.
- But thousands of students graduate from Atmiya each year – what will make your time here unique? What will you have to show for your time here other than some great memories?
- If someone were to ask you what you did at university, you’d probably name the subjects you study. But you’re actually learning to do all sorts of other things as well. For example:
- Writing essays develops critical thinking and research skills
- Posters and presentations are great practice in public speaking and communicating your ideas
- Playing for a sports team improves your ability to communicate and work within a team
- Running a club or society requires leadership and motivation
- With a little thought, you can see that almost everything you can do at university is designed to help you develop useful skills, qualities and abilities – elements of yourself that you might never have discovered had you not come to Glasgow. We refer to these collectively as our graduate attributes.
Program Specific Outcomes :(PSOs)
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in the civil engineering industry
- Conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data.
- Explain basic professional practice concepts & the importance of professional licensure.
- Graduates will have the ability to design a civil engineering system or process to meet the desired needs of the society.
- Graduates will have the ability to design and conduct experiments in various areas of civil engineering as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering Fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|Sr No.||Name Of Faculty||Designation||Educational Qualification||Experience||Specialization||photograph|
|1||Mr. Khemendra R. Dattani||I/C HOD||M.E.(Structural Engineering)||5 years||Design of Reinforcement Structures and Steel Structures,Surveying,Hydraulics|
|2||Mr.Mohit D .Satani||Lecturer||M.E.(Structural Engineering)||5 Years||Design of Reinforcement Structures and Steel Structures|
|3||Mr.Ketan V. Akhani||Lecturer||M.E.(Water Resource Engineering)||4 Years 6months||Ground Quality of water,Surveying|
|4||Mr.Nayan N.Nandwana||Lecturer||M.E.(Structural Engineering)||4 Years||Design of Reinforcement Structures and Steel Structures|
|5||Mr.Mital D. Damani||Leacturer||M.E. (Transportation Engineering )||3 Years 6 month||Signal Designing & Integration ,Intelligent Transport System , Software :- Visim,Vissum,Sidra intersection & ArcGIS|
|6||Ms. Bindiya J. Patel||Lecturer||M.E. (Transportation Engineering )||3 Years 11 month||Traffic Engineering,Pavement Maintenance, Water supply and Sanitary Engineering|
|7||Ms.Namrata.D.Agnihotri||Lecturer||B.E||5 Years||Estimation and costing,Construction Project management,Building Drawings|
|8||Mr.Darshan P.Joshi||Lecturer||M.E. (Transportation Engineering )||2 Years 11 month||Pavement Material properties, Surveying, Building Material.|
|9||Mr. Mitul K. Chovatiya||Lecturer||M.E.(Structural Engineering)||2 Years||Design of Reinforcement Structures,Hydraulics,Building Drawings,Estimation and costing|
|10||Mr.Gautam B.Panchal||Lab Assistant||Diploma||4 Years||Surveying,AutoCAD|
|Sr.no.||Name of students||Semester||Year||Achievement Details||Technical/culture|
|1||Danidhariya Dhavalbhai||3rd||2018||1st rank in Elocution||Culture|
|2||Nanavati Brijesh||3rd||2018||1st rank in Quiz||Technical|
|3||Popat Yash R||3rd||2018||1st rank in Quiz||Technical|
|4||Parmar Anand||3rd||2018||1st rank in Quiz||Technical|
|5||Chauhan Shailesh||6th||2018||placed in L & T||Technical|
|6||Mahavadia Ayush||6th||2018||placed in L & T||Technical|
|7||Rathod Shobhitsinh||6th||2018||placed in L & T||Technical|
|8||Vagadiya Yograjsinh||6th||2018||placed in L & T||Technical|
|9||Ambasana Hetvi||6th||2018||secured 10 out 10 spi in gtu||Technical|
|10||Usadadiya Neel||6th||2018||secured 10 out 10 spi in gtu||Technical|
|11||Chauhan Shailesh||6th||2018||secured 10 out 10 spi in gtu||Technical|
|12||Gondaliya Vishal||4th||2018||secured 10 out 10 spi in gtu||Technical|
|13||Zatiya Ajay||4th||2018||secured 10 out 10 spi in gtu||Technical|
|14||Kharsani Yash||4th||2018||secured 10 out 10 spi in gtu||Technical|
|15||Kartik Makadiya||6th||2016||2nd rank in Event named:”Tower of terror”||Technical|
|16||Nitil Hadial||6th||2016||2nd rank in Event named:”Tower of terror “||Technical|
|17||Vishal Bhalala||6th||2016||2nd rank in Event named:”Tower of terror”||Technical|
|18||Yashraj Bhatt||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”||Technical|
|19||Nitil Hadial||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”||Technical|
|20||Vishal Bhalala||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”||Technical|
|21||Yash Bhatt||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”||Technical|
|22||Santosh Parmar||6th||2016||2nd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”||Technical|
|23||Nikhil Parmar||6th||2016||2nd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”||Technical|
|24||Kartik Makadiya||6th||2016||3rd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”||Technical|
|25||Anand Ghetiya||6th||2016||3rd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”||Technical|
|26||Yashraj Bhatt||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Automecivil”||Technical|
|27||Nitil Hadial||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Automecivil” (2016)||Technical|
|28||Vishal Bhalala||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Automecivil” (2016)||Technical|
|29||Yash Bhatt||6th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Automecivil” (2016)||Technical|
|30||Raithatha Nainesh||4th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”||Culture|
|31||Koradiya Ravi||4th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”||Culture|
|32||Makadiya Kishan||4th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”||Culture|
|33||Kapuriya Parth||4th||2016||1st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”||Culture|
|Sr. No.||Title of Paper||Name of faculty||Designation||Link to the paper published|
|1||Performance Of Ferrochrome Ash (FCA) With Lime As Partial Replacement Of||Mr .Khemendra R. Dattani||I/C HOD||http://www.jetir.org/view?paper=JETIR1704066|
|2||Experimental Study On Self-Compacting Concrete Using E-Plastic Waste||Mr .Nayan N. Nandwana||Lecturer||http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR1704076.pdf|
|3||Mechanical Characterstics And Durability Of Ssc Produced With Roof Tile Powder||Mr .Mitul K Chovatiya||Lecturer||http://ijsrd.com/Article.php?manuscript=IJSRDV6I21446|
|4||Modification In Self Compacted Concrete||Mr .Mitul K Chovatiya||Lecturer||http://ijsrd.com/Article.php?manuscript=IJSRDV6I21642|
|5||Performance Of Roof Tile Powder as a Partial Replacemnt Of Cement In Self Compacted Concrete||Mr .Mitul K Chovatiya||Lecturer||http://ijsrd.com/Article.php?manuscript=IJSRDV5I120361|
|6||Assessment Of Ground Water Quality Of Rajkot City, Gujarat||Mr .Ketan V. Akhani||Lecturer||http://ijsrd.com/Article.php?manuscript=IJSRDV6I21182|
|7||Modification In Self Compacted Concrete||Ms. Namrata Agnihotri||Lecturer||http://ijsrd.com/Article.php?manuscript=IJSRDV6I21642|
|8||Stablization In Expansive Soil Using Flyash||Ms. Namrata Agnihotri||Lecturer||http://ijsrd.com/Article.php?manuscript=IJSRDV6I31025|
|9||Effect Of Warm Mix Additive On The Performance Of Bituminous Mix||Mr .Darshan P. Joshi||Lecturer||http://ijsrd.com/Article.php?manuscript=IJSRDV6I20066|
|10||Critical Review On : Identify Hazardous Road Location & Interprit By Arcgis||Mr.Darshan P. Joshi||Lecturer||http://irejournals.com/FormDetails.jsp?id=1700128|
|11||Critical Review On : Identify Hazardous Road Location & Interprit By Arcgis||Ms. Bindiya J. Patel||Lecturer||http://irejournals.com/FormDetails.jsp?id=1700128|
|12||Critical Review On : Identify Hazardous Road Location & Interprit By Arcgis||Mr. Mital D Damani||Lecturer||http://irejournals.com/FormDetails.jsp?id=1700128|
|13||Identify Hazardous Road Location For Road User Using GIS – Case Study Of Rajkot||Mr .Mital D Damani||Lecturer||https://www.researchgate.net/publication/324646282_Identify_Hazardous_Road_Location_for_Road_User_Using_GIS-Case_Study_of_Rajkot|
|14||Research Summary :Intelligent Transport Systems In Europe||Mr .Mital D Damani||Lecturer||https://www.researchgate.net/project/RESEARCH-SUMMARY-INTELLIGENT-TRANSPORT-SYSTEMS-IN-EUROPE|
|15||Optgimization Of Frame Member Using Semirigid Connection||Mr . Mohit D Satani||Lecturer||https://www.researchgate.net/publication/318671844_Optimization_Of_Frame_Member_Using_Semi_Rigid_Connection|
10Usadadiya Neel6th2018secured 10 out 10 spi in gtuTechnical11Chauhan Shailesh6th2018secured 10 out 10 spi in gtuTechnical12Gondaliya Vishal4th2018secured 10 out 10 spi in gtuTechnical13Zatiya Ajay4th2018secured 10 out 10 spi in gtuTechnical14Kharsani Yash4th2018secured 10 out 10 spi in gtuTechnical15Kartik Makadiya6th20162nd rank in Event named:”Tower of terror”Technical16Nitil Hadial6th20162nd rank in Event named:”Tower of terror “Technical17Vishal Bhalala6th20162nd rank in Event named:”Tower of terror”Technical18Yashraj Bhatt6th20161st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”Technical19Nitil Hadial6th20161st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”Technical20Vishal Bhalala6th20161st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”Technical21Yash Bhatt6th20161st rank in Event named:”Bob the Builder”Technical22Santosh Parmar6th20162nd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”Technical23Nikhil Parmar6th20162nd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”Technical24Kartik Makadiya6th20163rd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”Technical25Anand Ghetiya6th20163rd rank in Event named:”Bridge Making”Technical26Yashraj Bhatt6th20161st rank in Event named:”Automecivil”Technical27Nitil Hadial6th20161st rank in Event named:”Automecivil” (2016)Technical28Vishal Bhalala6th20161st rank in Event named:”Automecivil” (2016)Technical29Yash Bhatt6th20161st rank in Event named:”Automecivil” (2016)Technical30Raithatha Nainesh4th20161st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”Culture31Koradiya Ravi4th20161st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”Culture32Makadiya Kishan4th20161st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”Culture33Kapuriya Parth4th20161st rank in Event named:”Treasure Hunt”Culture
|Sr. No||Name||Date||Resource person|
|1||Yogic Balance Therapy||09/04/2018||Shri Dilip Dholakia (Ahmedabad)|
|2||Desh Ko Badalana Hai to Shiksha Ko Badala Hoga||13/07/2018||Atul Kothari|
|3||Effective teaching||10/09/2018||Dr. Bhuvan Raval|
|4||jeevan vidhya sibir||16/2/2017 to 3/2/2017||Shree Somdev Tyagiji|
|5||IEEE training session||08/02/2017||Mr. Akshay Prasanna|
|6||Sports week||9/3/2017 to 16/3/2017||Dr. Nirav Vyas|
|7||Accreditation by NBA An Introduction||22/03/2017||J.N. Shah|
|8||Depression||07/04/2017||Dr. Paresh Shah|
|(pshchiatrist, Sanvad clinic rajkot)|
|9||Online webinar on||22/04/2017||Mr. Sivakumar PR-|
|10||ASIC verification,system verilog and UVM||Founder and CEO of Maven Silicon|
|11||Vision 2030 for a Positive||29/04/2017||Padma Bhushan|
|14||Program Learning & Teaching Process Vission Mission & PEO||04/06/2017||P.S.Parank & D.N. Jani|
|16||NBA Presentation||20/07/2017||V.S. Vora|
|17||Session On Developing The Right Brain||08/11/2017||Tripathiji|
|18||Effectiveness of Quality||03/12/2016||Prof. Hitesh Shukla|
|19||Assurance in Higher Education|
|20||jeevan vidhya expert talk||21/12/2016||Shree manoj Solanki|
|21||Big data Hadoop Analytics||29/12/2017 to 31/12/2016||Prof. parag shukla|
|22||seminar on Healthy Lifestyle||25th February||Dr. Gopalji Shashtri, a leading Researcher and Expert on Naturopathy|
|23||Weekly Adhyayan of Jivan Vidya concept /Dept wise||Every Wednesday||Shree Somdev Tyagiji|
|24||Workshop of Enhancing English Communication Skills||Dr.A. B. Joshi|
Expert Lecture on Soft Skills Development
Soft skills development is an essential part of a student’s education. In order to give its students a head start, the Institute of #Diploma #Studies at #AITS arranged for an expert lecture for the 2nd-semester students of all Diploma branches. The session focused on the how’s and why’s of the basic skills beside providing tips on facing Interviews, grooming and communication Do’s and Don’ts.
Sports plays an important role in the overall development of a student, and promoting a sporting culture is one of the responsibilities of an educational institution. Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science for Diploma Studies (AITS-DS) conducted Sports Day on 9th March 2018, which saw an enthusiastic participation from students in diverse events such as Basketball,Volleyball, Kabaddi, Athletics, Carom, Chess, Table tennis, Badminton and Kho-kho.