About the Department
- The Department of Electrical Engineering is running since 2 decades.
- The department is offering 2 programs: (1) UG Program: B.Tech. (Electrical) having intake of 30 and (2) PG Program: M.Tech. (Electrical) having intake of 18, with specialization in Power Electronics & Electrical Drives.
- Total 16 batches of UG Program and 7 batches of PG Program are passed out.
- The department is having state-of-the-art laboratories Electrical Machines Lab, Electrical Power System Lab, Renewable Energy Sources Lab, Power Electronics Lab and High Voltage Engineering Lab.
- The department is the pioneer to develop Renewable Energy Sources Lab in the entire Saurashtra region.
- The department encourages research on Renewable Energy Technology, which is a way towards brightening the future of the students and the society as well.
- The department focuses more on skill development of the students along with regular curriculum.
- The students at Atmiya University have plenty of options to undergo Value Added Courses, Co-curricular Courses, Extracurricular Courses and Generic Electives for their holistic development.
- The department motivates the students to be a part of social activities like NCC, NSS etc.
Mission, Vision & Values
To provide a platform for overall development of its stakeholders and inculcate qualities required to master state-of-the-art technology in Electrical Engineering.
To impart quality education through advanced learning in the various field of electrical & allied areas. To endeavor to create excellent teaching-learning ambience leading to research and innovation for the learners who aspire to serve the society.
- Excellence in teaching-learning process
- Lifelong learning
- Research Culture
- Honesty & Integrity
- Accountability & Transparency
- Social Responsibility
- Sustainable Development
- Communicate effectively.
- Design and supervise the construction of generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
- Perform operation, control, and maintenance of power system equipment.
- Perform review of supplier documentation for compliance with specifications and codes.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering concepts to the solution of engineering problems.
- Design and conduct experiments as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Use the techniques, skills, and appropriate engineering tools, necessary for engineering practice and project management.
- Work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate and solve fundamental engineering problems.
- Display professional and ethical responsibilities; and contextual understanding.
- Consider the impacts of engineering solutions on society & environment.
- Engage in self- and life- long learning.
- Design and supervise the construction of industrial schemes.
- Design a system; component and process to meet the required needs within realistic constraints.
- Perform operation, control, and maintenance of industrial schemes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary engineering issues.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO-1:To apply knowledge of power system configuration, electrical equipment and protection practices to the design and specification of electrical generation, transmission, distribution and utilization systems.
- PSO-2:To Design, analyze, test and evaluate the performance of the electrical machines and transformers.
- PSO-3:To develop the expertise in efficient conversion and control of electrical power by power electronics from available form to the required form.
- PSO-4:To utilize statistics & probability, discrete mathematics, applied differential equations and transform methods to analyze the electrical/electronic systems.
- PSO-5:To get awareness about the impact of electrical engineering solutions in societal, environmental context and professional ethics in light of human values.
- PSO-1:To imparts specialized training in classical as well as modern topics in the field of power electronics, electrical drives, renewable energy, electric vehicle and power quality.
- PSO-2:To apply the appropriate techniques and modern engineering hardware and software tools in power electronics and electrical drives to engage in life-long learning and to successfully adapt in multi-disciplinary environments.
- PSO-3:To get awareness about the impact of Power electronics engineering solutions in societal, environmental context and professional ethics in light of human values.
Scope of the Program
- Electrical Engineering is a core and evergreen branch of Engineering.
- There is a huge demand of electrical engineers in developed & under-developed countries for power generation, power transmission, power distribution, manufacturing units and research in renewable energy sources.
- The Government of India is taking keen interest in promoting renewable energy resources.
- It clearly indicates that the future of power sector in India is excellent in the field of “Green Energy”.
- According to the current scenario; career in electrical engineering is considered as hopeful in government as well as private sectors.
- Prominent alumni of the department are working with well known organizations like PGVCL, GETCO, Reliance Industries, Nayara Energy, Nirma, Tata Chemicals, TCS, ABB, L&T, Suzlon etc.
- Atmiya University always encourages and supports the students to become Aatm Nirbhar(entrepreneur)!
|Sr.||Name of Student||Program||Pass out Year||Achievement|
|1||Vyas Nirvisha Vinodray||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2014||GTU Gold Medalist|
|2||Jadav Krishnarajsinh Ajaykumar||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2015||GTU Gold Medalist (Branch Topper + Course Topper)|
|3||Shrivastava Ankitkumar Jayprakash||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2016||GTU Gold Medalist|
|4||Patel Monika Devrajbhai||M.E. (Electrical – PEED)||2019||GTU Gold Medalist|
Research & Publications
|1||Publication in International Journal||7|
|2||Publication in International Conference Proceeding||17|
|3||Publication in National Journal||2|
|4||Publication in National Conference Proceeding||22|
|5||Best Research Paper Award||7|
Faculty Development Program
Participation of the staff members of the Department of Electrical Engineering in various Faculty Development Programs is summarized as follows:
|1||Seminar / Webinar||76|
|3||STTP / STC / FDP||35|
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.January 2, 1988Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Commencement of Self Finance.
Commencement of Self Finance.January 28, 1988Commencement of Self Finance.
Science Programs and Management Program.
Science Programs and Management Program.January 28, 2000Science Programs and Management Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.January 28, 2000Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.January 28, 2005Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.January 28, 2007Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITYJanuary 28, 2018Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY