Mentoring and Counseling
Mentoring is an integral part of student life at Atmiya University. In order to resolve day to day academic problems of the students, mentors are appointed for a batch of 20 students. Mentors meet regularly with students to monitor their attendance, review their progress, advises and assist with decision making in the students’ educational matters and career goals. This is a continuous process till the end of academic career of the student. During the last semester of study students are advised for higher studies along with proper career guidance. The Parents/Guardians of poor attendance/performance students are called to meet the mentors and corrective and preventive measures are implemented for further improvement.
The objectives of the practice followed by the Institute are:
- To monitor the students regularity & discipline.
- To enable the parents to know about the performance & regularity of their wards.
- Improvement of teacher-student relationship
- Counseling for solving the problems and provide confidence to improve the quality of life.
- Guiding students to choose right career path for job, higher studies, Entrepreneurship, etc.
- The attendance percentage of the students has increased to a greater extent.
- The number of detainment of students has decreased consistently.
- In course of direct communication between mentor and the student there was a good improvement in the teacher-student relationship.
- The above effected in attaining a better academic performance.
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.January 2, 1988Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Commencement of Self Finance.
Commencement of Self Finance.January 28, 1988Commencement of Self Finance.
Science Programs and Management Program.
Science Programs and Management Program.January 28, 2000Science Programs and Management Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.January 28, 2000Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.January 28, 2005Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.January 28, 2007Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITYJanuary 28, 2018Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY