About the department
Department of Chemistry at Atmiya University offers B.Sc., M.Sc., and Ph.D. programs in chemistry under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS). Department of Chemistry has state-of-the-art laboratory and classroom facilities, equipped with modern teaching and learning tools. Department of Chemistry has adequate and competent faculty members having diverse teaching and research experience with exposure from national and international institutes. The Department of Chemistry has collaborative MOU with various Academia and Industries for the training & Placement of students. Department also offers consultancy in the areas of analytical, electroplating, natural products, and synthetic organic chemistry.
Mission, Vision & Values
Department of Chemistry strives to:
- To provide quality teaching-learning, research and service opportunities leading to holistic development of students through collegial exchange of ideas, independent thought, and the highest ethical standards.
- To provide high quality academic experiences through comprehensive & relevant curriculum at all UG & PG levels.
- To foster research aptitude by extending infrastructural support and research guidance.
- To inculcate the values of multi-disciplinary approach and innovative thinking by facilitating learning experiences in the field of chemical sciences and its allied fields
- To produce knowledgeable graduates for careers in academia, industry and GOs/NGOs.
- To promote an ethical and professional environment amongst faculties and students of the department.
The Department of Chemistry endeavors to be recognized for excellence in Teaching – Learning adjunct by empowering graduating students to compete in and contribute to the developing needs of the society
- Disciplinary knowledge: An understanding of the nature, practice & application of the chosen science area of study.
- Initiative and innovative ability: An ability to think and work creatively, including the capacity for self-starting, and the ability to apply science skills to unfamiliar applications. Encompasses problem solving, critical thinking and analysis attributes, and the ability to discover new knowledge.
- Information literacy: An understanding of, and ability with the different forms of communication – writing, reading, speaking, listening-including visual and graphical, within science and beyond and the ability to apply these appropriately and effectively for different audiences.
- Modern tool usage. The ability to acquire, develop, employ and integrate a range of technical, practical and professional skills, in appropriate and ethical ways within a professional context, autonomously and collaboratively and across a range of disciplinary and professional areas .
- Professionalism and participation: An awareness of the role of science within a global culture and willingness to contribute to the shaping of community views on complex issues where the methods and findings of science are relevant.
Program Specific Outcomes
|PO no.||PSO-Side Heading||PSO detail|
|PSO1||Depth and breadth of knowledge||Efficient chemistry graduates with strong fundamental knowledge to cater the needs of industries/laboratories/Academics related to chemistry.|
|PSO2||Practice, Operation and usage of modern tools and technology||Technical skills in the chemistry graduates towards the use of modern & sophisticated instruments, equipments & cheminformatic tools to analyze and obtain molecular information of the material.|
|PSO3||Research, numeracy and scholarship||Ability among graduates to work for the effective & practical solutions for issues related to chemical science while complying with economical, environmental, ethical, and safety aspects.|
|PSO4||Professional capacity and passion of learning||Graduates who can skilfully utilize the chemical literature to assess & identify problems significant to industries & society.|
|PSO5||Global, moral and aesthetic sustainability||Graduates with contemporary training in professional responsibility, including ethics, the global and societal impact of scientific decisions, and the need for lifelong learning.|
|Fundamental Knowledge||PSO 1||Understand the traditional core of chemistry and acquire the ability to apply chemistry knowledge for qualitative or quantitative behavior of molecules to a broad variety of chemical problems.|
|PSO 2||Understand and demonstrate a working knowledge of specialized area comprising Organic / Analytical / Pharmaceutical chemistry|
|Technical Skill||PSO 3||Design and perform a broad variety of analytical and synthetic experiments|
|PSO 4||Show ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for the chemistry domain.|
|Research Skill||PSO 5||Comprehend and apply chemical literature for effective problem solving|
|PSO 6||Examine and critically evaluate the experimental results and extend the knowledge with skills to secure placement.|
|Critical Thinking||PSO 7||Apply critical thinking skills for the environmental issues & Sustainable development through chemistry research|
|Effective Communication||PSO 8||Communicate scientific information orally and in writing.|
|Self-directed and life−long learning||PSO 9||Acquire the ability to engage in independent and life- long learning in the broadest context socio- technological changes.|
|Ethics||PSO 10||Appraise and Demonstrate professional & ethical responsibility with Universal brotherhood (Atmiyata)|
Scope of the Program
Scope of B.Sc. (Chemistry) Program
After doing B.Sc. (Chemistry), one can opt for either further studies or take up various jobs and also take up internships to prepare for industry level entries.
Some of the most relevant further education programs after B.Sc. (Chemistry) includes:
Other than listed opportunities, one can always opt for civil service and other government sector employment exams after successful completion of B.Sc. (Chemistry) program.
In recent times, due to favorable governmental initiatives, opting for a start-up can be an excellent choice for graduates of B.Sc. (Chemistry) program.
Scope of M.Sc. (Chemistry) Program
After doing M.Sc. (Chemistry), one can opt for either further studies or take up various jobs and also take up internships as research assistants (JRF/SRF) to prepare for industrial demands.
Some of the most relevant further education programs after M.Sc. (Chemistry) includes:
Employment opportunities for well-prepared M.Sc. (Chemistry) graduates are unfathomable, which is evident from the 100% placement record for almost all past batches. A representative list of recruiters of our students includes: Reliance Industries Ltd., Essar Oil Ltd., Synzeal Research Pvt. Ltd., Oxygen Healthcare Pvt. Ltd Zydus Cadila, Piramal Drug Discovery, Anlon Healthcare, Intas Pharmaceutical, Amneal India Ltd., Pesticide India., Meghmani Organics Ltd. etc..
- 4 Faculties have received Outstanding Teacher award-2019.
- P. B. Nariya has received P. D. Sethi award (2ndrank) for Best Research Article by Camag (Switzerland).
- 42 PG Students Pass NPTEL/Online MOOC Courses.
- 5 students has successfully completed Lab workshop of Techniques in Organic Chemistry (Advanced) by NPTEL-SWAYAM.
- Vishvraj Devmurari, student of M.Sc. Analytical chemistry has been selected in student exchange program between Atmiya Universty and Unversity of Miyazaki, Japan for Research Project work.
Research & Publications
Dr. Pankajkumar B. Nariya
List of Publications:
- Pankajkumar B. Nariya*, Vinay J. Shukla, Rabinarayan Acharya, and Mukeshkumar B. Nariya. Isolation and simultaneous determination of three Biologically active flavonoids from some indigenous Cordia species by thin-layer chromatography with Uv absorption densitometry method- Journal of Planar Chromatography30 (2017) 4, 264–270. Impact factor: 0.74
- Pankaj Nariya, Nikhil Jirankalgikara & Subrata De. Free radical scavenging potential of selected medicinal plants: quantitative evaluation by a novel online HPTLC-DPPH method. A Journal Of Herbs, Spices & Medicinal Plants-Taylor & Francis,20:386–393, 2014. SJR Impact factor: 0.20
- “Triethanolamine catalyzed expeditious and greener synthesis of 2-amino-4H-chromenes” in its current form for publication in Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society.
- Pratik A. Ambasana,a,b,* Naval P. Kapuriya,a,b Pankajkumar B. Nariya,b Yogesh T. Naliyapara,a
Rajesh G. Vaghasiya,a Anilkumar S. Patel a,b,* Etidronic acid catalyzed simple, facile and generalized synthetic protocol for preparation of 2-substituted-1H-benzo[d]imidazole-6-carboxylates Chemistry & Biology Interface,Vol. 8 (5), September – October 2018, 276-283
- Jayesh Dhalani, Pankaj B. Nariya. A pharmacological review: leptadenia reticulata (wight & arn.); Jivanti: the real life giving plant Folia Medica. 2017 vol. 59 No. 4, 405-412. Impact factor: 0.21
- Nariya PB*, Shukla VJ, Acharya RN, Nariya MB, Bhatt PV, Pandit CM, Tada RM. Isolation and characterization of phytosterols from cordia macleodii (hook f. And thomson) bark by chromatographic and spectroscopic method. Asian J Pharm Clin Res, vol 7, issue 5, 2014, 86-88 Impact factor: 0.55
- Nikhil Jirankalgikar, Pankaj Nariya, Subrata De In vitro antioxidant activity evaluation and hptlc Profile of cow dung. International Journal of Green Pharmacy.(Pubmed-Medknow) July-September 2014, 158-162
- Subrata De* and Pankaj Nariya. A new, rapid online-hptlc method for evaluation of Dpph reduction with ascorbic acid. Journal of Planar Chromatography26 (2013) 1, 21–25. Impact factor: 0.74
- Subrata De*, Pankaj Nariyaand Nikhil Jirankalgikar. Development of a novel high-performance thin-layer Chromatographic–densitometric method for the detection Of tallow adulteration in cow ghee. Journal of Planar Chromatography26 (2013) 6, 486–490. Impact factor: 0.74
- Subrata De*, Pankaj Nariya, Nikhil Jirankalgikar. A rapid validated high-performance thin-layer Chromatographic–densitometric method for the Simultaneous estimation of different chemical-nature Compounds piperine and gallic acid in pharmaceutical Dosage forms. Journal of Planar Chromatography. 26 (2013) 4, 325–330. Impact factor: 0.74
- Rakesh M. Tada, Naimish k. Chavda, Pankaj B. Nariyaand Manish K. Shah. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial study of newly Thiosemicarbazone. Der Chemica Sinica, 2013, 4(4):36-42
- Rakesh M. Tada, Naimish k. Chavda, Pankaj B. Nariyaand Manish K. Shah. Evaluation of stability constants of 1-(3-bromo-4-hydroxy-5-methoxy Benzylidene) thiosemicarbazide(trm-1) with copper (ii), cobalt (ii) and Nickel (ii) complexes by ph metric method. Der Pharma Chemica, 2013, 5(4):244-251
- R. Bhalodia, P.B. Nariya, R N. Acharya, and V. J. Shukla. In vitro antioxidant activity of hydro alcoholic extract from the Fruit pulp of cassia fistula linn. AYU-Pubmed Medknow | Apr-Jun 2013 | Vol 34 | issue 2, 209-214
- Pankaj Nariya, Subrata De. Development and validation of a reversed phase-planar chromatography (HPTLC) method for determination of BHT and its application in food product –Asian J Pharm Clin Res. vol 6, suppl 5, 76-78, 2013. Impact factor: 0.55
- Pankaj b. Nariya, Nayan R. Bhalodia, Vinay J. Shukla, Rabinarayan Acharya, Mukesh B. Nariya. In vitro evaluation of antioxidant activity of cordia dichotoma(forst f.) Bark. AYU-Pubmed Medknow | jan-mar 2013, 124-128
- Nikhil M. Jirankalgikar, Pankaj B. Nariya, Arun V. Athavale, Subrata De. Trividha snehapaka of panchagavya ghrita: a critical comparative evaluation. Journal of Ayurveda & Integrative Medicine| April-June 2013 | vol 4 | issue 2, 107-112. Impact factor: 0.56
- Arun Athavale, Nikhil Jirankalgikar, Pankaj Nariyaand Subrata De. Evaluation of in-vitro antioxidant activity of panchagavya: a traditional ayurvedic preparation. IJPSR(2012), vol. 3, issue 08, 2543-2549
- Pankaj Nariya, Nikhil Jirankalgikar, Rahul Warma & Subrata De.* Analytical study & hptlc profile of panchagavya – a traditional ayurvedic Preparation Asian Journal Of Biochemical And Pharmaceutical Researchissue 2 (vol. 2) 2012, 198-208.
- Pankaj B. Nariya,* V.J. Shukla, R.N. Acharya Phytochemical screening and in vitro evaluation of free radical scavenging activity of cordia macleodii bark. (hook.f. & thomson) Free rad. AntioxidantScience Directpublication vol.2 / issue 3 / jul–sep, 2012, 36-40
- R. Bhalodia, P.B. Nariya, R N. Acharya, and V. J. Shukla. In vitro antibacterial and antifungal activities of cassia fistula linn. Fruit pulp Extracts. AYU-Pubmed Medknow. 2012 Jan-Mar; 33(1): 123–129
- Pankaj B. Nariya*, V.J.shukla, R. N. Acharya & R.G. Warma1In vitro, free radical scavenging activity of cordia rothi bark. J. Biosci. 2012, Vol. 1(1):54-64
- Bhargav Bhide, R.N. Acharya, Pankaj Nariya, A.P. pillai, V.J. Shukla Pharmacognostic evaluation of cordia macleodii hook. Stem bark. Pharmacognosy journal| Oct 2011, Vol 3, Issue 26, 49-53. Impact Factor-1.2
- Pankaj B. Nariya,Nayan R. Bhalodia, R. N. Acharya, V. J. Shukla. Antimicrobial and antifungal activity of cordia dichotoma. AYU–Pubmed Medknow |2011 | vol 32 | issue 4, 585-589.
- Nayan R. Bhalodia, Pankaj B. Nariya, R. N. Acharya, V. J. Shukla. Evaluation of in vitro antioxidant activity of Flowers of cassia fistula linn. International Journal of Pharmtech ResearchCoden (usa): ijprif issn : 0974-4304 Vol. 3, no.1, pp 589-599, Jan-Mar 2011
- Gupta P.K., Chandola H.M. Harisha C.R. , Shukla V.J. Pankaj Nariya. Pharmaacognostical and phytochemical evaluation of oleogum resin of shallki. ( boswellia serrata roxb) Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Science2011 6(16), 1-5
- Pankaj B. Nariya, Nayan R. Bhalodia, , R. N. Acharya1, V. J. Shukla. Characterization of fatty acid methyl ester contents of cordia macleodii (hook.f.& thomson) bark by gas chromatography – mass spectrometry. International Journal of Pharma Research And Development/2010/vol-2/issue-10/Dec, 1-7
- Pankaj B. Nariya*, Nayan R. Bhalodia, V.J.Shukla , Mukeshkumar B. Nariya In vitro evaluation of antimicrobial and Antifungal activity of cordia macleodii bark. (hook.f. & thomson) International Journal of Pharmtech Research2, no.4, pp 2522-2526, Oct-Dec 2010
“An Approches to study of thiosemicarbazone and their metal complexes” By Rakesh Tada, Pankaj Nariya, Manish Shah, Lap-Lambert, 2013978-3-659-46112-5
Dr. Satishkumar D. Tala
- Anticancer Agent-II: Chemistry of Nitrogen Mustards. Satishkumar Tala,Dr. Anilkumar Patel, Dr. Naval Kapuriya,. Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Mauritius. ISBN-13: 978-613-8-38863-0, ISBN-10: 6138388631, March 2018.
- Anticancer Agent-I: Chemistry of Bifunctional DNA alkylating agents. Dr. Anilkumar Patel, Dr. Naval Kapuriya, Satishkumar Tala. Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Mauritius. ISBN-13: 978-613-8-26891-8, ISBN-10: 6138268911, February 2018.
- Synthesis and Biological Activity of Fluoro Containing Pyrimidines. Dr. Harshad G. Kathrotiya, Dr. Nirav Joshi, Satish Tada. Edition: 1, Publisher: RET International Academic Publishing, Editor: Dr. Nilesh Gajjar, ISBN: 978-93-84148-22-5, First Edition: February 2014.
- Triethanolamine catalyzed expeditious and greener synthesis of 2-amino-4H-chromenes.Patel, Anilkumar; Tala, Satishkumar; Nariya, Pankajkumar; Ladva, Kartik; Kapuriya, Naval. Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society2019 March; 66(3): 247-252. ISSN: 2192-6549.Impact Factor: 1.188. DOI:10.1002/jccs.201800203
- A potent derivative of indolizino[6,7-b]indole for treatment of human non-small cell lung cancer cells. Chi-Wei Chen, Te-Chang Lee, Ming-Hsi Wu, Yi-Fan Chen, Tsai-Yi Yen, Yi-Wen Lin, Shu-Hsin Chao, Satishkumar Tala, Tung-Hu Tsai, Tsann-Long Su. 2016April; 18(4): 199 – 212. ISSN: 1476-5586. Impact Factor: 3.837. DOI: 10.1016/j.neo.2016.10.005.Corrigendum: Neoplasia.2016December; 18(12): 808 – 809. DOI: 10.1016/j.neo.2016.02.005.
- PI3K inhibition augments the therapeutic efficacy of a 3a-aza-cyclopenta[a]indene derivative in lung cancer cells. Kumar Sanjiv, Chi-Wei Chen, Rajesh Kakadiya, Satishkumar Tala, Sharda Suman, Ming-Hsi Wu, Yen-Hui Chen, Tsann-Long Su, and Te-Chang Lee.Translational oncology. 2014April; 7(2): 256 – 266.e5. ISSN: 1936-5233. Impact Factor: 3.138. DOI: 10.1016/j.tranon.2014.02.012.
- Design and synthesis of potent antitumor water-soluble phenyl N-mustard-alkylamide conjugates via a bioisostere approach. Satishkumar D. Tala, Tai-Hsin Ou, Yi-Wen Lin, Kiranben S. Tala, Shu-Hsin Chao, Ming-Hsi Wu, Tung-Hu Tsai, Rajesh Kakadiya, Sharda Suman, Ching-Huang Chen, Te-Chang Lee, Tsann-Long Su. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.2014April; 76(6): 155 – 169. ISSN: 0223-5234. Impact Factor: 4.833. DOI: 10.1016/j.ejmech.2014.02.018.
- Novel antitumor indolizino[6,7-b]indoles with multi-mode of actions: DNA cross-linking and topoisomerases I and II inhibition. Ravi Chaniyara,* Satishkumar Tala,* Chi-Wei Chen,* Xiuguo Zang, Rajesh Kakadiya, Li-Fang Lin, Ching-Huang Chen, Shin-I Chien, Ting-Chao Chou, Tung-Hu Tsai, Te-Chang Lee, Anamik Shah, Tsann-Long Su. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2013February; 56(4): 1544 – 1563. ISSN: 0022-2623. Impact Factor: 6.054. (*Equal contribution)
- Synthesis and characterization of 1-phenyl-3-(propan-2-yl)-1H-pyrazol-5-ol single crystals. P. M. Vyas, J. D. Akbari, Satishkumar D. Tala, H. S. Joshi, and M. J. Joshi. Crystal Research and Technology. 2012Jun; 47(7): 763 – 770. ISSN: 1521-4079. Impact Factor: 1.090.
- Synthesis and Antitumor Evaluation of Novel Benzo[d]pyrrolo[2,1-b]thiazole Derivatives. Ravi Chaniyara, Satishkumar Tala, Chi-Wei Chen, Pei-Chih Lee, Huajin Dong, Bhavin Marvania, Ting-Chao Chou, Te-Chang Lee, Rajesh Kakadiya, Anamik Shah, Tsann-Long Su. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2012July; 53(7): 28 – 40. ISSN: 0223-5234. Impact Factor: 4.833.
- Cocrystallization of Two Tautomers: 1-Phenyl-3-(propan-2-yl)-1,2-dihydropyrazol-5-one and 1-Phenyl-3-(propan-2-yl)-1H-pyrazol-5-ol. Kamini Kapoor, Vivek K. Gupta, Rajnikant, Poorvesh M. Vyas, Mihir J. Joshi, Satishkumar D. Tala, Satish M. Sarothia, H. S. Joshi. X-ray Structure Analysis Online. 2011October; 27(10): 59 – 60. ISSN: 1883-3578. Impact Factor: No.
- Multi-component synthesis of Dihydropyrimidines by iodine catalyst at ambient temperature and in vitro Antimycobacterial activity. Paresh Zalavadiya, Satish Tala, Jignesh Akbari and Hitendra Joshi. Archiv der Pharmazie-Chemistry in Life Science. 2009August; 342(8): 469 – 475. ISSN: 1521-4184. Impact Factor: 2.145. DOI:10.1002/ardp.200800224.
- Synthesis of some new 1,2,3,4-tetrahydropyrimidine-2-thiones and their thiazolo[3,2-a]pyrimidine derivatives as a potential biological agents. J. D. Akbari, S. D. Tala, P. K. Kachhadia, A. H. Bapodra, M. F. Dhaduk, K. B. Mehta, S. J. Pathak and H. S. Joshi. Phosphorous, Sulfur, and Silicon and the Related Elements. 2008July; 183(8): 1042 – 6507. ISSN: 1042-6507. Impact Factor: 0.781.
- Synthesis of some new pyrazolo[3,4-d]pyrimidines and thiazolo[4,5-d]pyrimidines and evaluation of their antimicrobial activities. J. D. Akbari, S. D. Tala, M. F. Dhaduk and H. S. Joshi. Phosphorous, Sulfur, and Silicon and the Related Elements. 2008Jun; 183(6): 1042 – 6507. ISSN: 1042-6507. Impact Factor: 0.781.
- Green chemistry approach to synthesis of some new trifluoromethyl containing tetrahydropyrimidines under solvent free conditions. Rupesh C. Khunt, Jignesh D. Akbari, Atul T. Manvar, Satish D. Tala, Manoj F. Dhaduk, Hitendra S. Joshi and Anamik Shah. ARKIVOC. 2008May; XI: 277 – 284. ISSN: 1551-7004. Impact Factor: 1.253.
- Molecular iodine-catalyzed one-pot synthesis of some new Hantzsch 1,4-dihydropyridines at ambient temperature. Jignesh D. Akbari, Satish D. Tala, Manoj F. Dhaduk and Hitendra S. Joshi. ARKIVOC. 2008April; XII: 126 – 135. ISSN: 1551-7004. Impact Factor: 1.253.
- Synthesis and QSAR Study of 4-(6-methylquinolin-3-yl)–Dihydropyrimidines and their Antimicrobial and Antitubercular Activity. Ranjan Khunt, Vijay Khedkar, Evans Coutinho, Satishkumar Tala. International Journal for Pharmaceutical Research Scholars. 2014January-March; 3(1): 825 – 838. ISSN: 2277-7873. Impact Factor: No.
- Synthesis and biological study of some new chalcones and pyrazoles derivatives. S D Tala, P B Vekariya, R M Ghetiya, B L Dodiya and H S Joshi. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 2013June; 52(B): 807 – 809. ISSN: 0376-4699. Impact Factor: 0.509.
- Synthesis of oxadiazoles and pyrazolones as a antimycobacterial and antimicrobial agents. K. M. Thaker, R. M. Ghetiya, S. D. Tala, B. L. Dodiya, K. A. Joshi, K. L. Dubal, H. S. Joshi. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 2011May; 50(B): 738 – 744. ISSN: 0376-4699. Impact Factor: 0.509.
- Synthesis and Spectrophotometric studies of Mn(II)-HMCPP complex and their use as an analytical reagent. Shailesh M. Dave, Vijay R. Ram, Kaushik A. Joshi, Satish D. Tala, Hitendra S. Joshi. Journal of the Institution of Chemists (India). 2009; 81(5): 132 – 140. ISSN: 0020-3254. Impact Factor: No.
- Synthesis, antimicrobial and antitubercular activity of some cyclohexenone and indazole derivatives. D H Vyas, S D Tala, J D Akbari, M F Dhaduk and H S Joshi. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 2009October; 48(B): 1405 – 1410. ISSN: 0376-4699. Impact Factor: 0.509.
- Spectrophotometric studies of Ni (II)-HMCNP complex for determination of Ni (II) metal ion. Shailesh M Dave, Vijay R. Ram, Kapil L. Dubal, Govind J. Kher, Satish D. Tala and Hitendra S. Joshi. Analytical Chemistry: An Indian Journal. 2009June; 8(2): 140 – 144. ISSN: 0974-7419. Impact Factor: No.
- Synthesis and Spectrophotometric studies of Zn(II)-HMCPP complex and their use as an analytical reagent. Shailesh M. Dave, Vijay R. Ram, Kaushik A. Joshi, Satish D. Tala, Kapil L. Dubal, Govind J. Kher, Hitendra S. Joshi. Analytical Chemistry: An Indian Journal. 2009June; 8(2): 145 – 149. ISSN: 0974-7419. Impact Factor: No.
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of new cyanopyridine and cyanopyrans towards Mycobacterium tuberculosis and other microorganisms. Dipen H Vyas, Satish D Tala, Jignesh D Akbari, Manoj F Dhaduk, K A Joshi and Hitendra S Joshi. Indian Journal of Chemistry. 2009June; 48(B): 833 – 839. ISSN: 0376-4699. Impact Factor: 0.509.
- Antitubercular and antimicrobial activity of some new N-aryl-1,4-dihydropyridines containing furan nucleus. S. V. Rokad, S. D. Tala, J. D. Akbari, M. F. Dhaduk and H. S. Joshi. Journal of the Indian Chemical Society. 2009February; 86: 186 – 191. ISSN: 0019-4522. Impact Factor: 0.158.
- Synthesis and biological study of oxopyrimidines and thiopyrimidines of 2-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)imidazo[1,2-a]pyridin-3-carbaldehyde. M. J. Ladani, S. D. Tala, J. D. Akbari, M. F. Dhaduk and H. S. Joshi. Journal of the Indian Chemical Society. 2009January; 66: 104 – 108. ISSN: 0019-4522. Impact Factor: 0.158.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of some aminopyrimidine and pyranone derivatives. D. H. Vyas, S. D. Tala, J. D. Akbari, M. F. Dhaduk and H. S. Joshi. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2008October-December; 18: 187 – 188. ISSN: 0971-1627. Impact Factor: 0.068.
- Synthesis, antitubercular and antimicrobial evaluation of pyrazole derivatives bearing nicotinic acid nucleus. Tapan K. Dave, Satish D. Tala, Jignesh D. Akbari, Manoj F. Dhaduk and Hitendra S. Joshi. International Journal of Syntheses and Characterization. 2008July-December; 1: 147 – 152. ISSN: 0974-3561. Impact Factor: No.
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some new cyanopiperidinones and cyanopyridones. D. H. Vyas, S. D. Tala, J. D. Akbari, M. F. Dhaduk, H. S. Joshi. International Journal of Syntheses and Characterization. 2008 January-June; 1: 103 – 107. ISSN: 0974-3561. Impact Factor: No.
- Synthesis, antitubercular and antimicrobial activities of some new pyrazoline and isoxazole derivatives. D. H. Vyas, S. D. Tala, M. F. Dhaduk, J. D. Akbari, H. S. Joshi. Journal of the Indian Chemical Society. 2007November; 84: 1140 – 1144. ISSN: 0019-4522. Impact Factor: No.
- Synthesis and biological activity of some pyrazoline derivatives. D. H. Vyas, M. F. Dhaduk, S. D. Tala, J. D. Akbari, H. S. Joshi. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2007October-December; 17: 169 – 172. ISSN: 0971-1627. Impact Factor: 0.068.
- Synthesis of some new thiopyrimidine and oxopyrimidine heterocycles bearing 4-(methylsulfonyl)phenyl nucleus as potent antitubercular and antimicrobial agents. D. J. Paghdar, J. D. Akbari, S. D. Tala, M. F. Dhaduk, H. S. Joshi. Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry. 2007October-December; 17: 113 – 116. ISSN: 0971-1627. Impact Factor: 0.068.
Conference Abstract published in the journal (Conference Proceedings):
- Chi-Wei Chen, Satishkumar Tala, Tsann-Long Su, and Te-Chang Lee. Combination of Indolizino[6,7-b]indole and Gefitinib synergistically suppresses the growth of EGFR-mutant NSCLC cells.105th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research, San Diego, CA. Philadelphia (PA) 5-9 Apr 2014,AACR; Cancer ResearchOctober 2014; 74(19 Suppl): Abstract no. 1694.ISSN: 0008-5472. Impact Factor: 9.130.doi:10.1158/1538-7445.AM2014-1694.
- Chen, Chi-Wei; Tala, Satishkumar; Su, Tsann-Long; Lee, Te-Chang, Novel DNA alkylating agents, indolizino[6,7-b]indoles, suppress the growth of human nonsmall cell lung cancer cells, From Abstracts of Papers, 246thACS National Meeting & Exposition, Indianapolis, IN, United States, September 8-12, 2013, MEDI-113.
- Chen, Tai-Lin; Tala, Satishkumar; Ou, Tai-Hsin; Lin, Yi-wen; Chen, Chi-Wei; Lee, Te-Chang; Su, Tsann-Long, Novel water soluble N-mustard-benzene conjugates with potent antitumor activity, synthesis, and biological activity, From Abstracts of Papers, 246thACS National Meeting & Exposition, Indianapolis, IN, United States, September 8-12, 2013, MEDI-295.
- Chi-Wei Chen, Satishkumar Tala, Tsann-Long Su, Te-Chang Lee. Suppression of gefitinib-resistant human lung cancer cells by indolizino[6,7-b]indole derivatives. 104th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research; 6-10 Apr 2013; Washington, DC. Philadelphia (PA),AACR; Cancer ResearchApril 2013; 73(8 Suppl): Abstract no. 4474.ISSN: 0008-5472. Impact Factor: 9.130.doi:10.1158/1538-7445.AM2013-4474.
- Tsann-Long Su, Satishkumar Tala, Tai-Hsin Ou, Kiranben Tala, Rajesh Kakadiya, Yi-wen Lin, Chi-Wei Chen, Te-Chang Lee. New water-soluble and stable N-mustard-benzene conjugates with potent antitumor activity, BO-2094, generated via lead optimization by bioisostere approach. 104th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research; 6-10 Apr 2013; Washington, DC. Philadelphia (PA), AACR; Cancer ResearchApril 2013; 73(8 Suppl): Abstract no. 4475. ISSN: 0008-5472. Impact Factor: 9.130.doi: 10.1158/1538-7445.AM2013-4475.
- Chi-Wei Chen, Yi-Fan Chen, Shu-Hsin Chao, Satishkumar Tala, Tsann-Long Su, Te-Chang Lee.Novel indolizino[6,7-b]indoles suppress the growth of human non-small cell lung cancer cells in xenografted and orthotopic mouse models via induction of DNA crosslinks and inhibition of topoisomerase I and II. AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference: Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics; 19-23 Oct 2013; Boston, MA. Philadelphia (PA), AACR; Molecular Cancer TherapeuticsNovember 2013; 12(11 Suppl): Abstract no B259.ISSN: 1538-8514. Impact Factor: 5.599.doi:10.1158/1535-7163.TARG-13-B259.
- Tung-Hu Tsai, Satishkumar D. Tala, Tai-Hsin Ou, Yi-Wen Lin, Kiranben S. Tala, Ming-Hsi Wu, Te-Chang Lee, Tsann-Long Su.Novel water-soluble phenyl N-mustard-benzenealkylamide conjugate, BO-2094, potent agent for treatment of human colorectal cancer. AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference: Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics; 19-23 Oct 2013; Boston, MA. Philadelphia (PA),AACR; Molecular Cancer TherapeuticsNovember 2013; 12(11 Suppl): Abstract no B253.ISSN: 1538-8514. Impact Factor: 5.599.doi:10.1158/1535-7163.TARG-13-B253.
- Tsann-Long Su, Satishkumar Tala, Ravi Chaniyara, Chi-Wei Chen, Te-Chang Lee, and Ting-Chao Chou, Potent antitumor BO-1922, derivative of indolizino[6,7-b]indole, against human colon, lung, and pancreatic cancers in xenograft model. 103rd Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research; 31 Mar – 4 Apr 2012; Chicago, IL. Philadelphia (PA),AACR; Cancer Research2012; 72(8 Suppl): Abstract no. 1765. ISSN: 0008-5472. Impact Factor: 9.130.doi: 10.1158/1538-7445.AM2012-1765.
- Lee, C.W. Chen, S. Tala, T.L. Su, Suppression of the Growth of Gefitinib-resistant Human Lung Cancer Cells by Indolizino[6,7-b]indole Derivatives, 24 EORTC – NCI – AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics, 6-9 November 2012 Dublin, Ireland, European Journal of Cancer, 2012, 48, Supplement 6, Pages 41, Abstract 131: doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0959-8049(12)71929-9.ISSN: 0959-8049. Impact Factor: 6.680.
- TL Su, R Chaniyara, S Tala, CW Chen, R Kakadiya, CH Chen, TC Chou, TC Lee, Potent Antitumour DNA Bifunctional Alkylating Agent Indolizino[6,7-b]indole Derivatives Against Various Human Solid Tumour Xenografts, 1st ECOP (European Conference of Oncology Pharmacy) 27–29 September 2012, Budapest, Hungary, European Journal of Oncology Pharmacy, 2012, 6(2), Supplement 1, P 23-70, Abstract 75. http://www.ppme.eu/files/42280_ECOP%202012_NoAds.pdf, ISSN:1783-3914.
Dr. Anilkumar S. Patel
- Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Anil S. Patel, Vipul B. Audichya, Piyush V. Pipaliya, Yogesh T. Naliapara. Synthesis of some novel trifluoromethylated tetrahydropyrimidines using etidronic acid and evaluation for antimicrobial activity. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2009, 1(2), 277-285.
- Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Anil S. Patel, Vipul B. Audichya, Piyush V. Pipaliya, Yogesh T. Naliapara. Water mediated construction of trisubstituted pyrazoles/isoxazoles library using ketene dithioacetals. Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry, 2010, 12, 176-180.
- Naval Kapuriya, Rajesh Kakadiya, Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Anil S. Patel, Piyush V. Pipaliya, Vipul B. Audichya, Sarala Gangadharaiah, Sridhar M. Anandalwar, Javaregowda S. Prasad, Anamik Shah, Yogesh T. Naliapara* Fuller’s earth catalyzed a rapid synthesis of Bis(indolyl)methanes under solvent free condition. Indian Journal of Chemistry B, 2012, 51B, 1032-1038.
- Hitendra K. Maheta, Anil S. Patel, Yogesh T. Naliapara*, Synthesis and microbial study of some novel cyanopyrans and cyanopyridines containing imidazole nucleus. J. Chem. Sci. 2012, 10(4), 1815-1829.
- Hitendra K. Maheta, Anil S. Patel, Yogesh T. Naliapara*, Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some novel imidazole bearing isoxazole derivatives. J. Chem. Sci. 2012, 10(3), 1748-1758.
- Anil S. Patel, Hasmukh R. Khunt, Satish M. Ghelani, Jayesh S. Babariya, Kalpesh V. Vilapara, Yogesh T. Naliapara*, Two step One-Pot Synthesis of Novel 5-(4-Fluorophenyl)-1H-Beno[e][1,4]Diazepin-2(3H)-One and it’s Base Catalyzed Transformation to N-Alkyl and C-3 Arylidene Derivatives. International Letters of Chemistry, Physics and Astronomy, 11(2), 2014, 106-115.
- Sahaj A Gandhi*, Urmila H. Patel, Rajesh D. Modh, Yogesh T. Naliapara, Anil S. Patel. Quantum chemical calculations (Ab- Initio & DFT) Hirshfeld surface analysis, crystal structure and molecular docking study of 2-Chloro-4-(4-fluro-phenyl)-6-isopropyl-pyrimidine-5-carboxylic acid methyl ester. J Chem Crystallogry,2016, 46, 387–398.
- Anilkumar S. Patel, Naval P. Kapuriya and Yogesh T. Naliapara, A Concise [3 + 3] Heteroaromatization Synthetic Strategy Afford Dicarboxamide Functionalized Novel Pyrazolo[1,5-a]Pyrimidines. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2017, 54(5), 2635-2643.
- Pankajkumar B. Nariya, Vinay J. Shukla, R. N. Acharya, Mukesh B. Nariya, Jayesh M. Dhalani, Anilkumar S. Patel, Pratik Ambasana, Triterpenoid and Fatty Acid Contents from the Stem Bark of Cordiadichotoma (Forst f.). Folia Medica, 2018, 60(4), 95-100.
- Pratik A. Ambasana, Naval P. Kapuriya, Pankajkumar B. Nariya, Yogesh T. Naliyapara, Anilkumar S. Patel, Etidronic acid catalyzed simple, facile and generalized synthetic protocol for preparation of 2-substituted-1H-benzo[d]imidazole-6-carboxylates. Chemistry & Biology Interface, 2018, 8, 5, 276-283
- Anilkumar S. Patel, Satishkumar D. Tala, Pankajkumar B. Nariya, Kartik D. Ladva, Naval P. Kapuriya, Triethanolamine catalyzed expeditious and greener synthesis of 2-amino-4H-chromenes. Accepted, Journal of the Chinese Chemical Society, doi.org/10.1002/jccs.201800203.
- Jayesh Dhalani, Gaurang Dubal, Anilkumar Patel, Pankajkumar Nariya. Isolation and Identification of Non-Polar Chemical Entity From Leptadenia ReticulataAerial Parts. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research, 2019, 12 (2), 226-229.
- Sue-Ming Chang, Vicky Jain, Tai-Lin Chen, Anilkumar S. Patel, Hima Bindu Pidugu, Yi-Wen Lin, Ming-Hsi Wu, Jiao-Ren Huang, Han-Chung Wu, Anamik Shah,Tsann-Long Su, and Te-Chang Lee. Design and Synthesis of 1,2-Bis(hydroxymethyl)pyrrolo[2,1-a]phthalazine Hybrids as Potent Anticancer Agents that Inhibit Angiogenesis and Induce DNA Interstrand Crosslinks. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2019, 62 (5), 2404–2418.
- Yogesh J. Sanghani, Suresh B. Koradiya, Anilkumar S. Patel. Synthesis of Substituted 4-(4-((3-Nitro-2-oxo-2H-chromene-4-yl)amino)phenyl) morpholine-3-one coumarin Derivatives. Asian Journal of Chemistry; 2019, Vol. 31, No. 7, 1461-1464.
- Anticancer Agent-I: Chemistry of Bifunctional DNA alkylating agents. Anilkumar Patel, Dr. Naval Kapuriya, Dr. Satishkumar Tala. Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Mauritius. ISBN-13: 978-613-8-26891-8, February 2018.
- Anticancer Agent-II: Chemistry of Nitrogen Mustards. Dr. Satishkumar Tala, Anilkumar Patel, Dr. Naval Kapuriya,. Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Mauritius. ISBN:13: 978-613-8-38863-0, March 2018.
Dr. Pratik A. Ambasana
- Mrunal A. Ambasana, Pratik A. Ambasana: Compendium of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Calibration of Analytical Equipments. 03/2018; LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing., ISBN: 978-613-8-32435-5
- Pratik A. Ambasana, Dipak D. Vachhani, Erik V. van der Eycken: Microwave-assisted synthesis of natural products (analogs) with potential biological applications. Microwaves in Drug Discovery and Development: Recent Advances, Edited by John Spencer, Mark C Bagley, 10/2014: pages 134-153; Future Science Ltd., ISBN: 978-1-910419-29-8, DOI:10.4155/fseb2013.14.60
- Pankaj B. Nariya, Vinay J. Shukla, R. N. Acharya, Mukesh B. Nariya, Jayesh M. Dhalani, Anilkumar S. Patel, Pratik Ambasana: Triterpenoid and Fatty Acid Contents from the Stem Bark of Cordia dichotoma (Forst f.). Folia medica 06/2018; 60(4)., DOI:10.2478/folmed-2018-0026
- Vishvraj V. Devmurari, Cameykumari P. Bhadaniya, Pratik A. Ambasana: A comparative study on phyto-constitutional profiling of Carica papaya leaves. Journal of Applicable Chemistry, 7(4), 2018.
- Vicky Jain, Sabera Bijani, Pratik Ambasana, Krunal Mehariya, Umed Bhoya, Bipin Pandey, Anamik Shah: ChemInform Abstract: Diversity-Oriented Expedient Route for the Synthesis of 3-Tetrahydropyrimidinyl-Coumarins via MCR. ChemInform 04/2016; 47(19)., DOI:10.1002/chin.201619153
- Vicky Jain, Sabera Bijani, Pratik Ambasana, Umed Bhoya, Anamik Shah: Development of Nitromethane catalyzed C-H activation for the preparation of chromeno[3,4-d]imidazol-4-ones as hybrid scaffolds. Chemistry & Biology Interface, 2015; 5(6), 347-364.
- Vicky Jain, Sabera Bijani, Pratik Ambasana, Krunal Mehariya, Umed Bhoya, Bipin Pandey, Anamik Shah: Diversity-Oriented Expedient Route for the Synthesis of 3-Tetrahydropyrimidinyl-Coumarins via MCR. Synthetic Communications 11/2015; 46(1)., DOI:10.1080/00397911.2015.1118125
- Pratik A. Ambasana, Dipak D. Vachhani, Marzia Galli, Jeroen Jacobs, Luc Van Meervelt, Anamik K. Shah, Erik V. Van der Eycken: ChemInform Abstract: Solvent Switchable Cycloaddition: A (One-Pot) Metal-Free Approach Towards N-Substituted Benzo[e]- or [f]Isoindolones via C(sp2)—H Functionalization. ChemInform 03/2015; 46(14)., DOI:10.1002/chin.201514150
- Pratik A. Ambasana, Dipak D. Vachhani, Marzia Galli, Jeroen Jacobs, Luc Van Meervelt, Anamik K. Shah, Erik V. Van der Eycken: Solvent Switchable Cycloaddition: A (One-Pot) Metal-Free Approach Towards N-Substituted Benzo[e]- or [f]Isoindolones via C(sp2 )-H Functionalization. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry 09/2014; 12:8861-8865., DOI:10.1039/c4ob01644k
- Shailesh Thakrar, Dhairya Bhavsar, Vishwa Dhinoja, Pratik Ambasana, Anamik Shah: Microwave assisted rapid, efficient and Facile Synthesis of Some Substituted 1-((5-(benzofuran-2-yl)-1,3,4-oxadiazol-2-yl)methyl)amine derivatives. Chemistry & Biology Interface, 2012; 2(6), 409-419.
Dr. Mahesh M. Savant
Research Papers/ Articles in International Journals
- Title : Organic Chemistry practical book
ISBN No. : 978-93-86675-88-0
Publisher: Ideal International E – Publication Pvt. Ltd, 2019
- Title : Spectroscopy
ISBN No. : 9789352362905
Publisher: Bharat Publishing house, 2017
- Title : Synthesis of highly functionalized pyrazoles using ketene dithioacetal
ISBN No. : 978-3-639-71529-3, 3639715292
Publisher: Scholar’s Press, 2014
Research Publications in International/National Journals:
- A concise synthetic strategy to functionalized chromenones via [5+1] heteroannulation and facile C–N/C–S/C–O bond formation with various nucleophiles. Mahesh M. Savant, Neetha S. Gowda, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Sridhar M. Anandalwar, Shashidhara J. Prasad, Anamik Shah, Yogesh T. Naliapara* Tetrahedron Letters,2011,52, 254-257.
- Water Mediated Construction of Trisubstituted Pyrazoles/Isoxazoles Library Using Ketene Dithioacetals Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Anil S. Patel, Vipul B. Audichya, Piyush V. Pipaliya and Yogesh T. Naliapara*. Journal of Combinatorial Chemistry,2010, 12, 176-180.
- Etidronic Acid: a New and Efficient Catalyst for the Synthesis of Novel 5-Nitro-3,4-Dihydropyrimidin-2(1H)-ones. Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Yogesh T. Naliapara*Catalysis Letters,2009, 132, 281-284.
- Synthesis and evaluation of antimicrobial activity of novel and highly functionalized 5-imidazolinone derivatives. Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, J. V. Padaliya, H. H. Bhat, Yogesh T. Naliapara* Organic Chemistry: An Indian journal,2009, 5(2), 237-242.
- Synthesis of some novel trifluoromethylatedtetrahydropyrimidines using etidronic acid and evaluation for antimicrobial activity. Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Anil S. Patel, Vipul B. Audichya, Piyush V. Pipaliya and Yogesh T. Naliapara*.Der Pharmacia Lettre.2009, 1 (2), 277-285.
- Construction of 3,4-dihydro-1,2-diazete ring through 4π electron cyclization of 4-hydroxy-2-oxo-2Hchromene-3-carbaldehyde [(1E)-arylmethylene] hydrazone. Akshay M. Pansuriya, Mahesh M. Savant, Chirag V. Bhuva, Jyoti Singh, Naval Kapuriya, Yogesh T. Naliapara*. Journal of Heterocyclic chemistry, 2010, 47, 513-516.
- Use of cyclic aliphatic ketones for spiro 2-amino-3-cyano pyrano[3,2-c]chromene formation. Akshay M. Pansuriya, Mahesh M. Savant, Chirag V. Bhuva, Jyoti Singh, and Yogesh T. Naliapara*ARKIVOC,2009, 12, 254-260.
- One-pot synthesis of 5-carboxanilide-dihydropyrimidinones using etidronic acid. Akshay M. Pansuriya, Mahesh M. Savant, Chirag V, Bhuva, Jyotisingh and Yogesh T. Naliapara*.ARKIVOC,2009,7, 79-85.
- Cation Exchange Resin (Indion 130): An Efficient, Environment Friendly and Recyclable Heterogeneous Catalyst for the Biginelli Condensation. Akshay M. Pansuriya, Mahesh M. Savant, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Jyoti Singh, Yogesh T. Naliapara*.Letters in Organic Chemistry,2009, 8, 619-623.
- Synthesis of some novel benzofuran-2-yl(4,5-dihyro-3,5-substituted diphenyl-pyrazol-1-yl)methanones and studies on the antiproliferative effects and reversal of multidrug resistance of human MDR1-gene transfected mouse lymphoma cells in vitro. Shrey Parekh, Dhairya Bhavsar, Mahesh Savant, ShaileshThakrar, AbhayBavishi, ManishaParmar, Hardevsinh Vala, AshishRadadiya, NilayPandya, Juliana Serly, Joseph Molnar, Anamik Shah*. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2011,46, 1942-1948.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of 4-Styrylcoumarin derivatives as inhibitors of TNF-α and IL-6 with anti-tubercular activity.Kuldip Upadhyay, Abhay Bavishi, Shailesh Thakrar, Ashish Radadiya, Hardev Vala, Shrey Parekh, Dhairya Bhavsar, Mahesh Savant,Manisha Parmar, Priti Adlakha, Anamik Shah*. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.2011, 21(8), 2547-2549.
- Synthesis and In Vitro anti-HIV Activity of N-1,3-benzo[d]thiazol-2-yl-2-(2-oxo-2H-chromen-4-yl) Acetamide Derivatives using MTT method. Dhairya Bhavsar, Jalpa Trivedi, Shrey Parekh, Mahesh Savant, Shailesh Thakrar, Abhay Bavishi, Ashish Radadiya, Hardev Vala, ManishaParmar, Roberta Loddo, Anamik Shah*. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters.2011, 21(11), 3443-3446.
- Efficient and rapid synthesis of highly functionalized novel symmetric 1,4-dihydropyridines using glacial acetic acid as solvent. ShaileshThakrar, AbhayBavishi, Dhairya Bhavsar, Shrey Parekh, Hardevsinh Vala, AshishRadadiya, ManishaParmar, NilayPandya, Mahesh Savant, Anamik Shah*. Synthetic Communications.2012, 42(22), 3269-3278.
- Fuller’s earth catalyzed rapid synthesis of bis(indolyl)methanes under solvent free condition. Kapuriya Naval, Kakadiya Rajesh, Savant Mahesh M., Pansuriya Akshay M., Bhuva Chirag V., Patel Anil S., Pipaliya Piyush V., AudichyaVipul B., Gangadharaiah Sarala, Anandalwar Sridhar M., Prasad Javaregowda S., Shah Anamik, NaliaparaYogesh T. Indian Journal of Chemistry – B, 2012, 51B (07), 1032-1038.
- Water mediated Synthesis of highly functionalized pyrazolone derivatives using etraethylammonium bromide. Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Yogesh T. Naliapara*.International Journal of Research in Chemistry and Environment, 2014, 4(4), 120-123.
- Water Mediated Synthesis of N‘-Arylmethylene-4,5,6,7-tetrahydro-2H-indazole-3-carbohydrazide Library. Mahesh M. Savant, Akshay M. Pansuriya, Chirag V. Bhuva, Naval Kapuriya, Yogesh T. Naliapara*.Organic Chemistry International, 2014, ID-567053.
- Synthesis, Characterization, Crystal and Molecular Structure Analysis of 3,4-dihydro-6-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-5-nitro-4-phenylpyrimidin-2(1H)-one. M. Savant, L. B. Gowda, S. M. Anandalwar, J. S. Prasad, A. Shah, and Y. T. Naliapara*Molecular Crystals and Liquid Crystals, 2015, 609(1), 118-125.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Trisubstituted N-(2-methoxy-4-nitrophenyl)-1-phenyl-5-aryl-1 H-pyrazol-3-Amine Derivatives. Mahesh M. Savant, Ravi S. Tank, Anand V. Khistariya and FalduDarshak.Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Sciences,2016,6(10), 893-901.
- Preparation of ionic liquids and synthesis of DHPM using ILS. Viral H. Kariya, Vishal Mulani and Mahesh M. Savant.Research Journal of Chemical Sciences,2017,7(2), 63-65.
- Synthesis of novel substituted 2h-thiazolo [3,2-a] pyrimidines using water as green solvent and their antimicrobial evaluation. Vipul B. Audichya, Mahesh M. Savantand Yogesh T. Naliapara.World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.2017, 6(3), 775-786.
- Synthesis of carboxamide and sulfonamide bearing novel pyrazolopyridones. Mahesh M. Savant, Ramesh N. Patel, Anand V. Khistariya, J.chem.sci., 2017. 7(3), 19-22.
- An Efficient One-Pot Synthesis of Highly Substituted Pyridone Derivatives and Their Antimicrobial and Antifungal Activity. Archana B. Pandit, Mahesh M. Savantand Kartik D. Ladva. Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2018, 55(4), DOI: 10.1002/jhet.3128.
- Facile synthesis of highly functionalized novel pyrazolopyridones using oxoketene dithioacetal and their anti-HIV activity. Mahesh M. Savant, Archana B. Pandit, Kartik D. Ladva. Synthetic Communication2018, 48(13), 1640-48.
Dr. D. J. Kaneriya
- Synthesis of some pyrazoline derivatives as biologically active agents. Fatema M. Bharmal, Devendra J.Kaneria & Hansa H Parekh Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry Vol 10 Oct – Dec 2000. PP 189 – 192
- Some new Aryl Auide Derivatives D. J. Kaneria, N. J. Datta & H. H. Parekh J. Inst. Chemist (India) Vol 73, part – 4, 2001
- Synthesis & Biological activity of some Pyrazolines. Fatema M. Bharmal, Devendra J. Kaneria & Hansa H Parekh Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry Vol 12 July – Sept 2002. PP 21 – 24
- Synthesis of 2–Azetidinones from 2–Chloro 8–methyl– 3 quinoline carbaldehyde as potential antimicrobial agents. Fatema M. Bharmal, Devendra J. Kaneria & Hansa H Parekh Oriental Journal of chemistry Vol 18 (1) 89–92(2002)
- A convenient Synthesis of a–Arylamino –a,(2–Chloro–8, methylquinotin–3–yl) – Acetonitriles/ Acetamides as potential antimicrobial agents. Fatema M. Bharmal, Devendra J Kaneria & Hansa H Parekh Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry Vol 12 Jan – March 2003. PP 279 – 280
- Synthesis & pharmacological Evaluation of some new 4–Thiazolidinone derivatives. D. J. Kaneria, N. J. Datta, R. C. Khunt & H. H. Parekh Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry Vol 12 Jan – March 2003. PP 277 – 278.
- Synthesis And Pharmacological Evaluation Of Some New 4–Thiazolidinone Derivatives
Dr. Suresh Koradiya
- Syntheses and comparative physico-chemical study of expoxy-polyester polyols and their polyurethanes for surface coating, Koradiya SB and Parsania PH Polym.Mater 1 – 2012.
- Use of renewable resources in making composites and their physico-chemical study, Koradiya SB and Parsania PH Journal of reinforced plastics and composites 10 – 2011.
- The preparatin and physico chemical study of glass, jute and hybrid glass-jute bisphenol-c-based epoxy resing composites, Koradiya SB and Parsania PH Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering 2010,1445-1449
- Curing, spectral and thermal study of epoxy resing of bisphenol-c and its polyester polyols based polyurethanes, Koradiya SB, Adroja PP and Parsania PH Polymer-plastics technology and engineering 2012,1545-1549
- Synthesis, curing behavior and chracterization of epoxycrylate and triethylamine cured epoxy resin of 1,1-bis(3-methyl-4-hydroxy phenyl) cyclohexane, Koradiya SB and Parsania PH Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering 2011,52-58
- Preparation, mechanical and electrical properties of glass and jute–epoxy/epoxy polyurethane composites, Koradiya SB and Parsania PH Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering 2011,937-940
- Mechanical, electrical and water absorption study of biocomposites of polyurethanes of epoxy polyester polyols Koradiya SB and Parsania PH Journal of reinforced plastics and composites 09,2011
- Fabrication, mechanical and electrical study of sandwich biocomposites of epoxy resin of 1,1′-bis(3-methyl-4-hydroxyphenyl)cyclohexane. Koradiya SB and Parsania PH eng. mater. sci. 20, 568-572, 2013. 15 july 2013
- Cu(II) Heterochelates: Synthesis, Spectroscopic, Thermal and in-vitro Biological Studies M. N. Raja1*, D. H. Jani2 and S. Koradiya Journal of Applicable Chemistry 2019, 8 (3): 1241-1251
- Synthesis of Substituted 4-(4-((3-Nitro-2-oxo-2H-chromene-4-yl)amino)phenyl)morpholine-3-one Coumarin Derivatives Yogesh J. Sanghani*,, Suresh B. Koradiya2 and Anilkumar S. Patel2 ASIAN JOURNAL OF CHEMISTRY 31, No. 7 (2019), 1461-1464
Dr. Archana Cholera
- An Efficient One-Pot Synthesis of Highly Substituted Pyridone Derivatives and Their Antimicrobial and Antifungal Activity. Archana B. Pandit, Mahesh M. Savant and Kartik D. Ladva. Vo. 55 (4),
- Heterocyclic Chemistry, Design, synthesis, characterization and Antimicrobial screening of 4-((4-((6-methylbenzo[d]thaizolo-2-yl)amino)-6-(phenylamino)-1,3,5-triazin-2-yl)oxy)-2H-chromen-2-one derivatives.
- Archana B. Pandit and Kartik D. Ladva Journal of Chemistry and Chemical Sciences, Vol. 8(6), 940-947, 2018.
- Facile synthesis of highly functionalized novel pyrazolopyridones using oxoketene dithioacetal and their anti-HIV activity. Mahesh M. Savant, Archana B. Pandit, Kartik D. Ladva. Synthetic Communication, 48 (13), 1640-1648, 2018.
- A convenient synthesis of trisubstituted 1,3,5-triazine derivatives and their antimicrobial screening. Archana B. Pandit and Kartik D. Ladva. Der Pharmacia Chemica, Accepted, 2018.
Faculty Development Program
- 5 Faculties have successfully completed “Online Refresher Course in Chemistry for Higher Education” by ARPIT-SWAYAM-2019.
- 3 Faculties have been recognized as NPTEL-SWAYAM translator.
|Sr. No||Training / Workshop / Seminar / Conference/ Symposium etc.||Sponsoring Agency / Resource Person||Date||No. of Participants||Photo gallery|
|1.||College level SDP on How to face Interview & CV Preparation||Department of Chemistry Tejas H. Padia Research Scientist, AnSys Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad||25/01/2019||25|
|2.||Regional level Popularization of science Lotus and Shakti 11th and 12th science school students||Golden Jubilee celebration Popularization of science||12/10/2018||116|
|3.||State level Poster presentation Chemistry for life||Golden Jubilee celebration||29/09/2018||250|
|4.||State level Chemistry Book Exhibition||Golden Jubilee celebration||29/09/2018||250|
|5.||College level Hands on Training in Instrumental Analysis||UGC||23/08/2018||Faculties|
|6.||College level Water Analysis||DBT||1/10/2018 To 3/10/2018||80 Students|
|7.||College level online Patent Searching and Overview of IPR Tools||DBT||2/03/2018||50 Students|
|8.||College level Paper Recycling Process||DBT||10/07/2018 To 11/07/2018||25 Students|
|Group No.||Name of Students||Enrollment Number||Topic|
|Name of Supervisor: Dr. Satishkumar D. Tala|
|1||Nandasana Jalpa Laljeebhai||180721033||Preparation of the Sacubitril API and it’s isomers|
|Busa Akshaykumar Kantilal||180721011|
|2||Pansuriya Raviraj Dilipbhai||180721036||Sythesis and characterization of Mannich Bases|
|Makadiya Deepkumar Rajeshbhai||180721030|
|3||Bhimani Harsh Mansukhbhai||180721009||Synthesis of Linezolid desfluro impurity|
|Garach Pratik Shaileshbhai||180721017|
|4||Jatiya Jayraj Nitinbhai||180721020||Design and synthesis of Pyrazole derivatives|
|Maghodiya Dhara Sureshbhai||180721029|
|5||Zalavadiya Harshil Kiritbhai||180721056||Preparation of chalcone derivatives using Aldol-condensation|
|Jivani Nilam Shantilal||180721021|
|Kachrola Bansibahen Manishbhai||180721023|
|Bhimani Harsh Mansukhbhai||180721009|
|Name of Supervisor: Dr. Pankajkumar B. Nariya|
|1||Kalola Jinal Virendrakumar||180721026||Synthesis , Characterzation Of Nanoparticle & Bindind With Mepacrine Drug|
|Raval Ujjvalaben Vijaykumar||180721043|
|Sakhiya Gogan Jayantibhai||180721044|
|Sakhiya Radhika Maheshbhai||180721045|
|2||Bhadaniya Camey Prafulbhai||180721005||Phytochemical Screening And Chromatographic Profiling Of Carica Papaya Leaves|
|Aghara Priti Pravinbhai||180721001|
|Jadeja Rajeshreeba Arvindsinh||180721019|
|Patel Poojaben Pravinbhai||180721039|
|3||Devmurari Vishvraj Vijaybhai||180721013||Evaluation of Wound Healing and Anti-Cancer Activity of the Caricapapaya Leaves by a Bio-assay Guided Fractionation|
|4||Ajudiya Mayankkumar Harsukhbhai||180721002||Method Development Of Nebivolol Hydrochloride On Chiral Hplc|
|Sanghani Dhruti Shantilal||180721046|
|5||Kagathara Shruti Amarsheebhai||180721025||Method Development and Validation of Teneligliptin API byUV Spectroscopy.|
|Variya Kevin Tarulbhai||180721054|
|6||Koradiya Nidhiben Pravinbhai||180721028||Phytochemical Analysis and Bioactivity of Moringa Olifera Leaves|
|Makawana Khushbu Jayeshkumar||180721031|
|Ramani Mansi Raghavjibhai||180721042|
|Trambadiya Priya Prafulbhai||180721050|
|Name of Supervisor: Dr. Mahesh M. Savant|
|1||Patel Tamannaben Mukeshbhai||180721040||Synthesis of substituted quinoline heterocycles via Michel-addition reaction.|
|Dodiya Mitesh Rameshbhai||180721015|
|Thanki Nehalkumari Nareshbhai||180721049|
|2||Padmani Mitulbhai Pravinbhai||180721034||Synthesis and characterization of Clomipramine Impurity-A|
|3||Bhalodia Maheshkumar Devjibhai||180721008||Synthesis of Linezolid desfluro impurity|
|4||Asodariya Yash Pravinbhai||180721003||Preparation of some new indazole derivative from salisaldehyde|
|Kagathara Hardik Ashokbhai||180721024|
|Gandhi Rabab Saifuddin||180721016|
|5||Sutaria Bansi Hareshbhai||180721048||Ground water analysis in and around Rajkot industrial area|
|Vasani Doli Prakashbhai||180721055|
|Kachhetiya Mital Chandulal||180721022|
|Vadodariya Akashkumar Mansukhbhai||180721053|
|Name of Supervisor: Dr. Anilkumar S. Patel|
|1||Ghetiya Sagarkumar Navanitbhai||180721018||An Experimental Investigation on Posaconazole Impurity Reference Standard|
|Butani Dharmik Ashokbhai||180721012|
|2||Kanajariya Jaysukh Ravjibhai||180721027||Synthesis of Acridone bearing Oxadiazole derivatives|
|Bhalara Aejaz Hushen||180721007|
|3||Barhat Umang Chhatrashalbhai||180721004||Synthesis of Quinoline Derivatives|
|Unagar Jaykishan Bharatkumar||180721052|
|Patel Anjanaben Prahaladbhai||180721038|
|4||Ram Kishor Mensibhai||180721041||Synthesis of Clomiphene Impurity|
|5||Parmar Kripalsinh Rajendrasinh||180721037||Synthesis, characterization and Physico-chemical parameters studies of 1,3-Dihydro-4-(2-hydroxyphenyl)-2H-1,5-benzodiazepin-2-one|
|Dhola Madhav Arvindbhai||180721014|
|Trivedi Nidhish Atul||180721051|
|Mehta Dhara Pankajbhai||180721032|
Laboratory Facilities at Department of Chemistry
The department of chemistry has well established state-of-the-art laboratory facilities with high safety arrangements aiming to provide hands-on learning environment and skilling opportunities to learners. Laboratories are equipped with advanced instruments & equipment to cater versatile needs of active researchers of the department. Representative list of available facilities include:
- Wet Lab: 06
- Physical Lab: 01
- Research Lab:01
- Dissertation Lab: 01
- Electroplating Laboratory:01
- Modern Computer Labs: 02
- Glass Blowing Facility
- Pilot Plant-25 KG
|Zydus-Cadila – Ahmedabad||Reliance Industries – Jamnagar|
|SynZeal Research Private Limited – Ahmedabad||Piramal Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. – Ahmedabad|
|Karvy Therapeutics – Haripar.||Oxygen Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. – Ahmedabad|
|MegPi Chemicals – Veraval, Rajkot.||Essar Oil – Jamnagar|
|Sugam Polytec Pvt. Ltd. – Bamanbore||Endoc Lifecare Pvt. Ltd. -Rajkot|
|Anlon CRO, Rajkot.||Meghmani Organics Ltd. – Anand|
|SNJ Labs Pvt. Ltd. -Shapar||Pesticide India – Ankleshwar|
|Mahi Milk – Bhavnagar||Makson Pharmaceutical (I) Pvt. Ltd – Surendranagar|
Academic Expansion from 1988 Onwards.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.January 2, 1988Sarvoday Kelavani Samaj has been given responsibility of handling the academics.
Commencement of Self Finance.
Commencement of Self Finance.January 28, 1988Commencement of Self Finance.
Science Programs and Management Program.
Science Programs and Management Program.January 28, 2000Science Programs and Management Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Commencement of Engineeriing Program.January 28, 2000Commencement of Engineeriing Program.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.January 28, 2005Few Polytechnique Courses and Pharmacy Programs.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.January 28, 2007Commencement of MBA & MCA Program.
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY
Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITYJanuary 28, 2018Establishment of ATMIYA UNIVERSITY