- The Department of Electrical Engineering is running since 2 decades.
- The department is offering 2 programs: (1) UG Program: B.Tech. (Electrical) having intake of 30 and (2) PG Program: M.Tech. (Electrical) having intake of 18, with specialization in Power Electronics & Electrical Drives.
- Total 16 batches of UG Program and 7 batches of PG Program are passed out.
- The department is having state-of-the-art laboratories Electrical Machines Lab, Electrical Power System Lab, Renewable Energy Sources Lab, Power Electronics Lab and High Voltage Engineering Lab.
- The department is the pioneer to develop Renewable Energy Sources Lab in the entire Saurashtra region.
- The department encourages research on Renewable Energy Technology, which is a way towards brightening the future of the students and the society as well.
- The department focuses more on skill development of the students along with regular curriculum.
- The students at Atmiya University have plenty of options to undergo Value Added Courses, Co-curricular Courses, Extracurricular Courses and Generic Electives for their holistic development.
- The department motivates the students to be a part of social activities like NCC, NSS etc.
Vision & Mission
To provide a platform for overall development of its stakeholders and inculcate qualities required to master state-of-the-art technology in Electrical Engineering.
To impart quality education through advanced learning in the various field of electrical & allied areas. To endeavor to create excellent teaching-learning ambience leading to research and innovation for the learners who aspire to serve the society.
- Engage in self- and life- long learning.
- Design and supervise the construction of industrial schemes.
- Design a system; component and process to meet the required needs within realistic constraints.
- Perform operation, control, and maintenance of industrial schemes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary engineering issues.
Program Educational Outcomes
|After completion of the programme the Post graduate will:
||Domain knowledge: Acquire in-depth theoretical and technical competence in power electronics and electrical drives discipline
||Problem analysis: Analyse and understand the requirement of power electronics and electrical drives system.
||Conduct investigations of complex problems: Exhibit skill and knowledge to perform experiments and operate latest instruments required for research.
||Modern tool usage: Model and implement the power electronics systems with the help of mathematical and simulation tools.
||Environment and sustainability: Examine global environmental problems and critically evaluate evidence to formulate and organize sustainable strategies.
||Ethics: Apply harmonies principles and entrust to professional ethics and responsibilities of the power electronics and electrical drives practice.
||Individual and team work: An ability to evaluate critically one’s own action and work and make decisions by considering professional and social responsibilities.
||Communication: Ability to write and present research to a technically literate audience by means of research article, presentation or a written report/thesis.
||Life-long learning: Able to put together and evaluate the problems and data base from a variety of sources by appealing in lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes
After completion of the programme the Post graduate will:
- PSO-1:Able to understand various power electronic and electrical drives system and subsystem related to power conversion, power modulation and power quality maintenance.
- PSO-2:Able to select appropriate converter for various power conversion systems like electric motor drives, renewable energy systems and other industrial and domestic applications.
- PSO-3:Able to design, analyze and simulate various power electronics converters, control techniques, systems and subsystems.
- PSO-4:Able to get hands on experience of power electronics and drive system and innovate them to leads towards the research and industrial work.
Dr. Dharmesh J. Pandya
Associate Professor & HOD
B.E. (Electrical), M.Tech. (Electrical), Ph.D. (Electrical)
Exp:15 Years 2 Months
- Electrical Engineering is a core and evergreen branch of Engineering.
- There is a huge demand of electrical engineers in developed & under-developed countries for power generation, power transmission, power distribution, manufacturing units and research in renewable energy sources.
- The Government of India is taking keen interest in promoting renewable energy resources.
- It clearly indicates that the future of power sector in India is excellent in the field of “Green Energy”.
- According to the current scenario; career in electrical engineering is considered as hopeful in government as well as private sectors.
- Prominent alumni of the department are working with well known organizations like PGVCL, GETCO, Reliance Industries, Nayara Energy, Nirma, Tata Chemicals, TCS, ABB, L&T, Suzlon etc.
- Atmiya University always encourages and supports the students to become Aatm Nirbhar(entrepreneur)!
Research and Publication
||Publication in International Journal
||Publication in International Conference Proceeding
||Publication in National Journal
||Publication in National Conference Proceeding
||Best Research Paper Award