- The Diploma in Electrical Engineering at Atmiya University, Rajkot, has been offered since 2005, with the first batch of Diploma in Electrical Engineering in 2008 (intake 60).
- The total intake in the department at the diploma level is now 30 students
- The Diploma Electrical Engineering Department has sanctioned faculty strength of 5Lecturers. However, the deficit in the human resources is attempted to be made up by hiring teaching assistants.
- The department has well-equipped laboratories consisting of the electrical machines, power system, computers, network simulator kits, and different renewable energy labs. The hardware in the laboratories consists of various electrical machines, power system protection panels, renewable energy training kits etc
- The curriculum of the University has been designed keeping in view industrial and research needs, as well as the rapid development in the Electrical industries. Induction of new skill enhancement courses from time to time enables the students to keep abreast of recent technological development. Flexibility in curriculum is provided through Electives, Seminars and Projects.
- The students with their innovative ideas implemented, routinely present Technical Papers at National level Symposiums, and achieve laurels. The National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) has also been established for the purpose of E-learning through online Web and Video courses in Engineering.
- The faculty members do routinely are engaged in research activities beyond teaching and publish papers in the conferences and journals of national / international repute. The department humbly boasts of significant reputation of excellence in the areas of Power system, Electrical machines, Power plant Engineering, Switchgear protection and Wirings.
- The department had signed MOU with Circuit node technologies, Embicon Tech hub, Possible automation and other reputed organization for academic & Industrial advantages
Vision & Mission
- To become a facilitator of electrical engineering and value education by providing a knowledge which is useful for the student itself and society too.
- To make contributors of circuit and machine designing for the multinational companies and to make aware of latest technologies.
- To be a premier department known for its quality education and aspire as a careeristic and sensible Electrical Engineer in every aspect of life.
- By introducing a universal human values concept. To prepare a learner forever & contribute towards Humanity.
- To prepare a cadre of engineers and scientists to cater to the industrial development and economic growth of the country. To implement innovative teaching and learning process.
- To provide the best possible education facilities and to guide the students to become performing professionals in the industrial sector.
As Knowledge servers as a keystone to contribute the society and overall development, we commit core values:
- Ethics and dignity
- Contributor personality
- Public engagement
- Excellence and Intelligence
- Lifelong learning
- Technological advancement
Electrical engineering is a mother branch or core branch having various subsidiaries like Control engineering, Electronics engineering, Automation Engineering and many more. Electrical engineering surrounds us everywhere in modern society. The electrical engineer supplies us with the ability to harness electricity which has transformed our lives. It gives us light, heat, entertainment, communication systems and comfort. The program provides the necessary competencies to enable students to develop, select, commission, maintain and diagnose faults/malfunctions on advanced electrical equipment and systems. The electrical engineering training provided includes national Electrical Regulatory Authorities Council (ERAC) requirements for an electrician’s license. Successful completion of electrical engineering courses will open you up to jobs such as an electrical engineering. Electrical engineers create and design products and information systems using scientific principles combined with natural curiosity, problem-solving and innovation. It covers a wide range of careers including energy and power development and supply, automation and communications engineering, microelectronics and technical informatics.
- Academic excellence:Ability to identify key questions, research and pursue rigorous evidence-based arguments
- Critical Thinking and Effective communications:Analysis and evaluation of information to form a judgment about a subject or idea and ability to effectively communicate the same in a structured form.
- Global Citizenship:Mutual understanding with others from diverse cultures, perspectives and backgrounds
- Life Long Learning:Open, curious, willing to investigate, and consider new knowledge and ways of thinking
Program Educational Outcomes
Our programme will produce Graduates who will attain following PEOs after few years of graduation
- PEO1: Curiosity and truth seeking: Able to handle any kind of contingencies by the skill of critical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- PEO2: Breadth of knowledge: Fulfil the needs of society in solving technical problems using engineering principles, tools and practices.
- PEO3: Analytical & practical skills: Develop the ability to resolve the practical problems of Electrical Domain as per the society needs.
- PEO4: Digital capabilities: Able to collect, interpretation, analyze data and make remote control of electrical system.
- PEO5: Confidence & Tolerance: Demonstrate lifelong learning and technical skills in the workplace and function professionally in the global competitive environment.
- PO1: Domain knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems..
- PO2: Problem analysis:Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyzecomplex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using firstprinciples of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions:Design solutions for complex engineeringproblems and design system components or processes that meet the specifiedneeds with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and thecultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Gain ability to design, conductexperiments, analysis and interpret data for investigating problems in electricalengineering
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques,resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction andmodelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of thelimitations.
- PO6: The Engineer and society:Apply reasoning informed by the contextualknowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and theconsequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professionalengineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstratethe knowledge, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics andresponsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work:Function effectively as an individual, and as amember or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication:Communicate effectively using different modes (viz.written,verbal and digital) not only with scientific community but also with the societyat large.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge andunderstanding of the engineering and management principles and apply them toone’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and inmultidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation andability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest contextof technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1:Develop scientific thinking and acquire deep knowledge of electricalengineering to meet requirements of industries and society..
- PSO2:Integrate the knowledge of fundamental electrical, machine, power electronicsand power systems for the controllability, reliability of electrical systems andanalyzed the current problem.
- PSO3:Demonstrate their knowledge in analysis, design, erection and laboratoryexperimentation regarding electrical engineering.
- PSO4:Apply science, engineering, mathematics through differential and integralcalculus, complex variables to solve electrical engineering problems.
- PSO5:Able to develop and support systems based on renewable and sustainableenergy sources using modern tools and techniques.
Career in Electrical is considered one of the greatest opportunity giving jobs in government sectors, civil services and many more with full of opportunities; particularly when India’s growth in renewable energy and electric vehicle industry is recognized across the globe.
The pool of talented Electrical engineers working in companies likeReliance and Essar shows that Electrical can take a person to higher levels. Numerous Electrical companies from India employ huge number of Electrical professionals in their Indian and overseas office.
Research and Publication
||Mr. Mahesh L. Dhola
||Harmonic Mitigation of Fluctuating Non Linear Load in a Grid
connected Photovoltaic system
||Mr. Mahesh L. Dhola
||Power factor improvement using Boost converter
||Mr. Mahesh L. Dhola
||Harmonics mitigation and Power Factor Correction in BLDC motor using DC-DC Converter
||NAME OF COMPANY
||SAURASHTRA CHEMICAL DIVISION OF NIRMA PORBANDAR.
||JUPITER ROLL FORMING PVT. LTD.
||TORRENT POWER, AHMEDABAD
||TGUJARAT STATE FERTILIZERS & CHEMICALS LIMITED, BARODA
||PARAS ASHVINBHAI TALA
||MIRANI GHANSHYAM KISHORBHAI
||SYNERGY TRANSFORMER (OWNER)
||RANPARIYA SHYAM RAJESHBHAI
||DRIJKUMAR VIJAYBHAI BUTANI
||AIRPORT AUTHORITY OF INDIA
||VAJA ABHAYKUMAR MANSUKHLAL
||PARSANIYA MITESH ASHOKBHAI
||VIRADIYA HARSH RAJESHBHAI
||MEHTA AJAY PRAKASHBHAI
||PARMAR YASH NARENDRABHAI
||L & T
||CHAUHAN JIGNESH SAVJIBHAI
||DATE & DETAILS
||Gold Medalist in overall GTU